Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

headlights design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,437 Posts
I like the heavy black surrounds- a bit retro, recalling the sectioned lights of the 2000-2004 design.

The only thing I didn't like about the 2010-up headlights was that the turn signals were stacked on top like an afterthought. These are the same way.

I wonder if it would change anything for lamp replacement?

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Do not want. Too much going on while the projector lens is minimized.

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,537 Posts
Give us more information. Which lights do what? I'm assuming the projector lamp is still the low beam, and the inside light is the high beam. What are the LED's surrounding the low beam? Is the DRL still in the high beam reflector? Where is the side marker light? Is it in the LED's?

What kind of price are we looking at?

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,483 Posts
Looks like it should be on a Kawasaki or Honda crotch rocket. In fact it looks highly similar to motorcycle lights.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
A little too busy and what I assume are the DRL LED's look very JC Whitney. Less is more.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
I'm on the fence until I see them on a car and lit. It's too hard to tell yet.

If I had a preference I like lines more than dots when it comes to the accent around the projections.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Limited, Graphite Grey
60 Posts
I like them, but like other viewers, need to see them on the car for final judgement. Very "Robotech" looking.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Angry eyes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts