Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Subaru has 50K and no history of problems.

Until recently, temperature was around 75 (Seattle), car had been parked for several hours, started car, drove for about 1-mile, stopped at light, and when going to accelerate, the car stalled, ie, the dash lights came on, but the engine was not started.

Was able to immediately start again, but several weeks later, similar situation, stalled again.

Any suggestions on what might be the cause?

Thanks,

--tj

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Take it to the dealer - no way for anyone to tell what the issue is. Dealer can plug it in and check for any sort of codes or errors that may have caused it.

Could be anything from a faulty part some place to some sort of issue with the engine management control having faulty software code which is causing this.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,379 Posts
Get thee to the nearest dealer. This is what warranty is for.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
I don't have the time to look this up but someone has reported this twice before. The dealers were not able to find anything.

You should take it in anyway of course.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,127 Posts
May fall under the 60,000 mile power train warranty.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Since removing an AC/DC invertor that was used to charge my Ultrabook, it seems that the car has not stalled.

--tj
Self installed electrical equipment is the number one thing most dealers and mechanics HATE.

A good friend actually has dealers bring troubled cars to him when they can't sort out whats causing the electrical issues. The stuff he has found is crazy but not surprising. By the way the simple little inverter we use plugged into the stock cig lighter powers our lap tops just fine with no threat to the cars systems.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 Ltd. 2009 OBS
138 Posts
did you have your A/C on at the time?
I too have a 2010 and occasionally i see a significant drop in idle rpm when the A/C turns on at a stop. Other cars do this too but sometimes it feels close enough to stall it.

Ric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.