Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im experiencing quite a stiff ride and feeling literally the smallest of bumps (especially when driving faster then 30kmh). When I drive over gravel roads (on which the car clearly should feel fine) the ride is unbearable. I really feel all the bumbs through the interior. All the other cars feel much more comfortable on the same roads (nissans, skodas, golfs, toyotas... non suv). My previous vw golf 2000 felt like a S class mercedes comparing to what it feels now in subaru.

Im a first time subaru owner and somehow didnt notice it from test drive, but I believe that given its a family saloon/ suv it shouldnt feel like a racetrack car. Or is it something youd expect from subaru? Wheels are 17" and suspension was checked (maybe something else then suspension should be checked?). Tyre pressure according to manufacturers instructions. European model if that makes any difference.

Only thing that comes to mind is that tyres are in their last season.

Thanks

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,328 Posts
make certain the tires are not over-inflated, there's a sticker in the driver's door frame with suggested tire pressures. Should also be in the owner's manual.

There are some tire models , often designed for better gas mileage, that have stiff sidewalls.

That said, Subarus are not generally among the most comfortable of cars, they are built with some tolerance for unimproved road use and poor weather performance. A Cadillac would fail miserably at negotiating some terrain/conditions a Subaru could navigate.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
413 Posts
Could the original owner have installed aftermarket suspension parts? - Are the springs painted black, or are they yellow, blue, or some other color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could the original owner have installed aftermarket suspension parts? - Are the springs painted black, or are they yellow, blue, or some other color.
Black. I asked for dealer to check and they didnt notice that there couls be aftermarket suspension

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,029 Posts
Are the tires (tyres) the same as the original size? They should be P225/60R-17.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts