Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 Subaru Outback and all 3 passenger doors are not unlocking if i use my car key or press power door locking switch on the driver's side door. I have to manually rotate the lock lever on the door to unlock the doors. A Subaru dealer told me they have not heard about this problem before. They ask me to bring the car. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Thank you

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
915 Posts
When our 2005 Jaguar S-Type sedan did this a few years ago, it turned out to be one of the four door lock actuators. One failed actuator prevented the other three door actuators from working properly with the key fob. Once the failed actuator was identified and replaced, all the door locks returned to normal.

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
OP not sure what model you have but on mine this is a settable option (if I am understanding your situation correctly). You have the option to set the unlock on the driver's side to unlock only the driver's side door or all the doors in the car. You will find that unlocking the passenger side door by default unlocks all doors. You can unlock all door by pressing the unlock button on your fob twice.

What I do forget is how to set this. Not sure if it is a dealer settable setting or you can set it through the menu options via the button on you steering wheel while in ACC mode.

It is mentioned in the manual somewhere.....hope this helps a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts