Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback, 3.6R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2015 outback 3.6R. At around 33000 miles (may 2017) my outback threw a code P000A on a long road trip (6000+ miles), 2/3rds of the way thru the trip. We made it home but by that time the check engine light had turned off so I could not get the dealer to fix it under warranty since no light was present (though I did notify them). About 6 months later, November 2017 the same code appeared. I had it read at a local auto parts store and the same code, P000A came on again. It eventually turned off after about 1 week. It has now been turning on much more frequently about once every 1 to 2 weeks and will turn off by itself after about 1 week. I have purchased a variable timing solenoid (Dorman Part #916-900) and replaced the solenoid but the issue still persists. I just ordered BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices from Amazon and will update once I get it when I can get more information.

When the check engine light turns on I can immediately feel a change in driving performance. The car will have hesitate when I push on the accelerator, the RPM will kick up but the acceleration is greatly decreased. This will typically last for about 20 minutes during the drive and will often return back to normal. The light eventually disappears and everything is good until about 1 week later. First question, I am having trouble finding the answer for sure on which side is Bank A. I have read that it is the passengers side but I can usually only locate info on 4 cylinder vehicles, not 6 cylinder vehicles. Can anyone give me advice on what to check next?

I purchased this car brand new back in July 2014, so I have had it for about 4 years.

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,195 Posts
I would contact Subaru. You notified them (the dealer) of the problem whilst it was still under warranty. Just because they could not find it does not mean it did not exist. See what they say. Be prepared to push.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback, 3.6R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,

I wanted to provide an update to this post in case this helps anyone else.

I ended up pouring seafoam into the engine oil. I ran the car for about 150 miles and then I changed the oil myself. I used Pennzoil platinum full synthetic. I have since driven approximately 3000 miles without the check engine light coming back on. Can't help but wonder if the issue was caused by the dealership as they were the only ones who have changed my oil until now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts