Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
Very good deal! :claphead:

Pity we couldn't get it for buying the car early.

Looks like the competition in the Australian car market is heating up.

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
Nice offer and package, but it depends on your needs I guess. I hate tow bars with a passion and never do any towing. As a matter of fact, the only accessories that really appeal imo are carpet mats ! :)

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
Losiho said:
Nice offer and package, but it depends on your needs I guess. I hate tow bars with a passion and never do any towing. As a matter of fact, the only accessories that really appeal imo are carpet mats ! :)
I see a lot of ppl around here who buy tow bars and never do any towing. I think its because it stops people running into the back of your car and damage the whole bumper (not really sure). I have seen an old Falcon XD running into the back of a Lexus LX470 with a tow bar and the Lexus didn't suffer any damage where is the Falcon had its front bumper bar loose.

I like the carpets mats as well but I also bought the rubber mats to go on top. The carpets are beige and will get dirty easily so don't really want that :ucrazy: . The rubber mats do stink a bit though. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
My bias against tow bars is probably from personal experience. A few years ago a moron with a tow bar reversed into my car in a car park :mad: Luckily, the only damage was a broken number plate cover. And, from a different perspective, a used car buyer would have no idea what kind of load the previous owner towed, if it was over the recommended towing limit, if a transmission cooler has been fitted, etc etc.

loopy said:
The carpets are beige and will get dirty easily so don't really want that :ucrazy: .
Just follow subah6's lead and use black floor mats (from the 2.5) in your 3.0R ! :D

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
We've got black rubber mats in our outback ,they areway better than the beige carpet mats you get that turn a light brown with in a couple of weeks.

What with the touring wagon title fellas.

·
Registered
Liberty/Legacy 3.0R spec B
172 Posts
I put the black carpet mats in my 3.0R. These are for the 2.5i Outbacks but I feel they look better than the beige as they give that contrast two tone effect that also goes with the dash top etc. This saves the problem of the beige looking dirty after a while.

Oh, I see Losiho has already stated that I did this. Boy he's really on the ball. Better watch what I say as he remembers everything!:)

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
subah6 said:
I put the black carpet mats in my 3.0R. These are for the 2.5i Outbacks but I feel they look better than the beige as they give that contrast two tone effect that also goes with the dash top etc. This saves the problem of the beige looking dirty after a while.

Oh, I see Losiho has already stated that I did this. Boy he's really on the ball. Better watch what I say as he remembers everything!:)
subah6
The black floor mats are in the options catologe for all outbacks ,I didnt think they were for any model in particular.

Has anyone bought the rear bumper protector(loading area) at $192- for a 1000mm peice of rubber its a bit steep.
apart from that the rest of the options arn't to badly priced.
Ive got to get the bonnet protector / front mud flaps,and fog light protectors(Light skins)not subaru items).

·
Registered
242 Posts
subah6 said:

LOL :D

Fwiw my Outback carpet mat set started off as a greyish colour when new, and now with age are turning a dark green colour :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Fwiw my Outback carpet mat set started off as a greyish colour when new, and now with age are turning a dark green colour
That's all right, It'll match your duco.

Jimmbo,

I think that the black mats are SUPPOSED to be for the black interior of the 2.5i and the beige mats are SUPPOSED to be for the 3.0R. I was given the black mats when I bought the car as they didn't have the beige ones available at the time. They said they'd swap them over when they came in, but I said I like the black ones better as they matched the dash top and gave a nice contrast to the beige interior. They also don't show the dirt so much.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Man I hate seeing the Aus rate--it scares me. If that were US$ none of us over here would be driving Subies! Brian

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
subah6 said:

Jimmbo,

I think that the black mats are SUPPOSED to be for the black interior of the 2.5i and the beige mats are SUPPOSED to be for the 3.0R. I was given the black mats when I bought the car as they didn't have the beige ones available at the time. They said they'd swap them over when they came in, but I said I like the black ones better as they matched the dash top and gave a nice contrast to the beige interior. They also don't show the dirt so much.
Well I have the beige mats and after 3 months they are still looking like new. Personally I prefer them as they match the original carpet. Also I had black mats in my previous car & I still think too much black makes the interior look smaller.

Jimmbo I have the rear bumper protector, trust me, a few loads in and out of the rear and it's very easy to scractch that shiny duco there. I also have the rubber cargo area liner, dealer gave it to me free (was from old model Outback but fits almost perfectly.) I highly recommend this as it keeps the carpet clean and stops things sliding around so much.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bheinz57 said:
Man I hate seeing the Aus rate--it scares me. If that were US$ none of us over here would be driving Subies! Brian
Oh well Brian, with the current exchange rate it's about equal with your pricing, of course if our dollar goes down against the US again our prices will look better. :D

Karl

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
Jondalar said:

Well I have the beige mats and after 3 months they are still looking like new. Personally I prefer them as they match the original carpet. Also I had black mats in my previous car & I still think too much black makes the interior look smaller.

Jimmbo I have the rear bumper protector, trust me, a few loads in and out of the rear and it's very easy to scractch that shiny duco there. I also have the rubber cargo area liner, dealer gave it to me free (was from old model Outback but fits almost perfectly.) I highly recommend this as it keeps the carpet clean and stops things sliding around so much.
Jondalar
yeh with out a doubt we are getting the bumper protector,we have the rubber boot tray as well another good idea.

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
Jondalar said:

Jondalar
yeh with out a doubt we are getting the bumper protector,we have the rubber boot tray as well another good idea.
But whats the "touring wagon in australia" about is that a model or limited release car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jondalar,

I use a picnic rug in the back of my Outback. You know the ones you can get for about $15 at Kmart. They have the plastic/rubber backing on one side and that "lovely tartan" on the other. They are about 1.2mt x 1.8mt in size which suits my purpose well.

It is a little wider than the cargo area so that I can use it to protect the sides. Its length is good as when I am loading the rear I just fold it out and over the bumper so as it protects the bumper etc. When I've loaded the cargo area I then throw the extra rug over the top of the goods that I'm transporting. Works a treat.

I would like to get something similar to the picnic rug but something that matches the interior better.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jimmbo, it's what Subaru Australia are calling this special deal on the 3.0R, the Touring Wagon. Personally I suspect it's due to the fact they got caught out with the fact that most buyers are going for the Premium versions and have an oversupply of standard spec 3.0R's.. the website only states the offer is on the 3.0R, doesn't mention the 3.0R Premium.

Cheers,

Karl

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
The rubber mats are good idea. I hate it when ppl jump into my car with soiled shoes and jumps around rubbing the dirt into the carpet. :8:

I have the Subaru rubber piece that the dealer offered because there were no fog light protectors. I just pull that out whenever I am loading something into the car. I also have a huge non-slip mat in the cargo bay to stop things rolling around.

Sti website has these protection plates for the legacy/liberty rear bumpers that should be alright for the Outback

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/blbp_legacy/cat3.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts