Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pricing and am about ready

2 options I don't know whether they are needed
slash guards (this will not be an off road car)
Door Edge Guards

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no feedback on door edge guards haven't used them in so many years but with so many SUV's and the lack of attention people pay when opening doors....oh well.......

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
no feedback on door edge guards haven't used them in so many years but with so many SUV's and the lack of attention people pay when opening doors....oh well.......
My 2013 OB Limited came with door edge guards - it's a film (smilar to clear bra) and it's on all 4 doors. Also, wheel arch moldings are good to have! You can always add the door edge guards - any PepBoys, Track Auto or similar have them; you just cut the size, remove the strip and self-stick them to your doors.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I mean those long strips that run on the side of the car, and they are not door edge guards, have to look up their name......saw them on the Subaru site today. Ahhh, body side molding, not cheap........

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Maybe I mean those long strips that run on the side of the car, and they are not door edge guards, have to look up their name......saw them on the Subaru site today. Ahhh, body side molding, not cheap........
One paintless dent removal will more than pay for them. I like the BSM and have added it to both OB's I've owned. Shouldn't be more than $150 or so.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
BSM are good to have!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
One paintless dent removal will more than pay for them.
If a car door hits moldings, will they absorb impact and return to original shape without scratches or chips?
Better than the door panel.:rolleyes: The BSM is hard plastic. It would take a pretty hard shot before being deformed. They might be colored plastic if not, paint is paint and will chip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts