Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some good news from Australia, 4x4 Magazine has declared the current 3.0R the "best all round soft roader" and an excellent towing machine. They also found the Geolandar tires excellent in sharp stones read more here

There's also a story from Caravan World saying the Outback is perfectly timed for it's era.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 111,000+ miles
5,172 Posts
Wow now thats some good reading! :D There were a few things that really caught my eye:

"Its blend of good looks, practicality, a good reputation among owners and well engineered all-round performance in a variety of local driving conditions amount to a very appealing package.
Indeed!

There is a clear-cut champion in the compact four-wheel-drive class.
Nice bold statement, a prelude to showing who the boss is.

The Daihatsu Terios has the high-rider style you expect to see in a serious four-wheel-drive, but it could have come just as easily from the world's best-selling carmaker – Matchbox.
Oh wait, I got it! :xnuts:

SUBARU OUTBACK
Lowdown: A classy all-wheel-drive wagon that suits the real needs of the majority of four-wheel-drive shoppers.
Verdict: Not cheap but good value
Plus:Surprisingly strong in all areas
Minus: Costly, not for sand or big hills
Rating:18/20
Very nice ratings, seeing as how I'm not too familiar with the Australian auto market I can't complain about them saying that it is costly. Here in the States though it is by far a greater value than just about anything else it can compare to. Some models may get up there in pricing, but if you look at any other wagon or SUV it totally shines as a value.

Yea I'm really starting to like how your Aussies write :D

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
I never heard the term "soft road" but that sounds exactly like the environment the OB is made for.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soft Roader

Maybe you guys from subaruoutback.org can be the trendsetters in spreading the terms use in North America :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts