Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to remove the side panels for the center console near the shifter on my 2016 outback. I had pretty good luck removing a lot of the other panels but these side panels seem a little tricky or different than the other parts of the process and was wondering if anyone had any insight. I've made a video, if anyone has any tips let me know!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,291 Posts
following

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited
175 Posts
What instruction c
I am trying to get under my console (2016 also) to run a mounting bracket and some wiring but I had to delay due to the cold. I didn’t want to crack a panel. I’ll have to give it a go to compare notes.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/eyesight
118 Posts
aka_brooksie: If I remember correctly, the black arrows in the illustration are screws. The 3 circles indicate aligning points more so than clips. Once you remove the two screws, one in front and one in back, the panel should then be able to slide to the rear to clear that aligning pin. There was some friction in the three circled points, when I removed mine, but not a lot. From your video I think that you may have missed the rear screws as I believe you thought that they were clips as well.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts