Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Legact outback , 2.5l , 5 speed
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the inxepensive coilovers for a Forester. My struts need to be replaced, and I want to lift my Outback. So I figured I would get a set of Forester struts, they have complete sets on AMAZON for around $250. Im just wondering if they will blow right out, or some other issues.
I am also open any any other advice for my suspension. Also wondering if I should add 1" space on top of Forester Struts.
TIA

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Please provide a link. I know you are new, so you can't hot link it, but give us web address and something to look at.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,204 Posts
the price of just $250 seems like

JUNK .... I mean at $62.50 per corner = JUNK

there are no such thing as inexpensive coil overs.

_______

if you want a lift, buy a lift kit. (ADF type).

and get KYB struts, and subaru springs, and put them together. = quality without needing to do it again, as something breaks in the first month. (and then you being stuck returning broke garbage to the junk company).

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,294 Posts
I used a set of those quick / complete struts before on a Gen 2.

Like these on amazon.

After over a year of use and still going strong I'm starting to come around on the idea. I assumed they were junk but they're still going strong to the best of my knowledge.

I'll ask the owner next time I see them.

They're just such a time saver. Can have a complete new suspension in 2 hours. Don't have to mess with compressing springs at all

I am not sure you can lift beyond forester struts without changing out components.

I know it seemed like the limit of what we could do when we put forester struts and springs on our bug eye.

I would guess with another inch on top of that brake lines might become an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suspension

Sorry , here a link to 1 of the sets on eaMAZON. There are several different companies. But they all look the same...so probably made in same place.

Ooops cant post a link yet.They are ECCPP Coilover struts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, you get what you pay for. I was just hopeful

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,294 Posts
Sorry , here a link to 1 of the sets on eaMAZON. There are several different companies. But they all look the same...so probably made in same place.

Ooops cant post a link yet.They are ECCPP Coilover struts
Are you talking about actual coil overs or complete strut assemblies like the one I linked?

They're kind of two different things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, those seam like a safer, more reliable option...than the cheap adjustable coilovers. Or maybe Monroe Quick struts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the whole strut assembly. Or the coilovers. So either option is fine with me...

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts