Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member! I have a 2016 outback and have recently had my collision avoidance system stop working when the cruise control is off. Its been in for the shop for this issue, the found no error codes but did recal the system. However, this didn't correct the problem. Has anyone else had this happen and what was the fix?

·
Registered
2017 OutBack Premier, 2019 Forester Ltd, 2016 370z Rdstr
724 Posts
doodleD3,

First off, your 2016 is still under warranty and Subaru has to fix the system for you, if it requires fixing.

Which brings my next question ... How do you know its not working? Its obvious when using the cruise control, because you can see your speed drop as you close the car ahead. Its not so obvious when the cruise is turned off, as there are no visual clues until the car brakes and the emergency braking message appears on the info screen on the speedometer.

I suggest that you take a couple of large cardboard boxes out to a large unused parking lot on a Sunday, pile the boxes on top of one another, drive to the far end of the lot and drive at the boxes at speeds above 25 mph with your foot on the gas. If the system is working, it will kill the throttle and brake to a complete stop before striking the boxes (no damage even if you do). If it doesn't stop you (provided you kept your foot on the gas pedal and didn't back off of it), then you have an non working system that needs fixing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.