Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4th gen Outback Grille Removal: VIDEO

Hey guys proud to announce I am doing a new youtube channel for Subaru mods! This is the first video of many! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback limited 3.6R
108 Posts
Great job ChrisJ! What are you filming with? The video quality is really nice.
I'd like to request the interior and dash staining you did as well. That would be awesome :29:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NP guys, I used a GH2 camera, it's a DSLR. I will definitely be doing the interior dash and doors shortly! Please subscribe, it helps me find time to do it when I know people are watching :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Okay, I've removed my grill. Now what?"

Haha... now do something with it! I think it makes a great serving dish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice job, I will keep watching. Only suggestion I can make is maybe have a flashlight so we can see down into those dark areas. It looks like your shop is well lit.
Keep it up!

·
Registered
'14, 2.5 SAP w/Eyesight
118 Posts
ChrisJ, thanks to your vid, I was able to remove the grille and install some Supertones. Thanks again!

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/452935-post13.html

The only problem I encountered was a broken "popper" fastener... specifically the flat-head screw type holding the air intake duct. Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement fastener?

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
511 Posts
ChrisJ, thanks to your vid, I was able to remove the grille and install some Supertones. Thanks again!

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/452935-post13.html

The only problem I encountered was a broken "popper" fastener... specifically the flat-head screw type holding the air intake duct. Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement fastener?
Take the old one into Autozone. I saw some there that should work. They may look a little different. Then there is the Stealership they probably have an exact replacement.

·
Registered
'14, 2.5 SAP w/Eyesight
118 Posts
Take the old one into Autozone. I saw some there that should work. They may look a little different. Then there is the Stealership they probably have an exact replacement.
Thanks lavarock, I'll try that. In the meantime, I found the part in case anyone else is looking for an exact replacement....

Part 12 ENGINE / ENGINE / TRANSAXLE / AIR INTAKE / Air inlet duct retainer
air inlet duct retainer 2.5 LITER W/O TURBO

Cost is $2-3 plus shipping from various subaru parts retailers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your video link is dead. I would love to reference it since my 2012 outback also has a grille issue that I'd like to resolve with an aftermarket replacement. Any chance you would repost?

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (The Superoo), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 AT 225/65R-17
236 Posts
What happened to the video? - YouTube says no.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts