Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R MY 2010
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo!

As a semi happy user of Outback H6 MY 2010 (due to permanent P0422 error - gotta live with that :loveawd:) I wonder what are the main differences from users' point of view between new H6 and old H6 apart from abvious ones.

I drove H6 of the III generation only once. In my observation the new H6 offers definitely greater comfort, higher seats, car is for 2 inches wider, longer and higher. In III gen the low seat position gives the impression of the more sports style ride. The IV gene pampers with comfort.

As for performance - hard to say. Whether the IV gene is H6 (much) faster and has a better flexibility (is this word OK?) when overtaking. I don't know. The results from papers say yes but is it so? Some users of the new gen say there is better tranny than in the old ones.

What do you think?

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
3.6r

I had a 3.0 in my Outback sedan. While I loved the car I always felt it needed a little more get up an go. At 212HP (number i remember), I always felt it needed about 250hp to be reasonable. I did end up trading it in on an STI and got more HP.
Now that I have a 3.6r I feel the power is adequate for me. So is it that I have mellowed or was I originally right, that the extra HP in the 3.6r is a good number for this vehicle? I cant really say I did not drive them back to back so I must go by memory. I believe that while the 3.0 was flawless for the years I owned it, the 3.6r appears to be a better engine for my needs.

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R MY 2010
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 3.0 in my Outback sedan. While I loved the car I always felt it needed a little more get up an go. At 212HP (number i remember), I always felt it needed about 250hp to be reasonable. I did end up trading it in on an STI and got more HP.
Now that I have a 3.6r I feel the power is adequate for me. So is it that I have mellowed or was I originally right, that the extra HP in the 3.6r is a good number for this vehicle? I cant really say I did not drive them back to back so I must go by memory. I believe that while the 3.0 was flawless for the years I owned it, the 3.6r appears to be a better engine for my needs.
I like the engine of the new H6! It really pulls right! but I still miss my old MY2006 (2.5 AT) as far as her body, frameless door, low seat position, smaller wheel.

Having old body with the new inside, 3.6 included would be the perfect one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts