Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there are a number of "concerns" with recent model Outbacks. Possibly collecting these concerns might peak Subaru's interest in considering and addressing them. I will start the list with the following:

1. 3.6 oil consumption concerns
2. Continental tires are marginal?
3. Radio hiss in HK units
4. High idle on cold start-up
5. Repeated issues of seats being uncomfortable
6. Navigation volume is too loud, can't be modulated
7. Navigation not useful, effective or intuitive
8. Reliability/longevity of CVT
9. Poor gas mileage with 4 cylinder engine.
10. Reliability/quality control issues
11. Unexpected issues with a brand new car
12. Support from SOA

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
This post would be more helpful... if you actually linked the posts that... um...address those issues. Otherwise it just makes you look... bad.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Seems like there are a number of "concerns" with recent model Outbacks. Possibly collecting these concerns might peak Subaru's interest in considering and addressing them. I will start the list with the following:

1. 3.6 oil consumption concerns 2.5 engine Zero problems
2. Continental tires are marginal? Last set lasted 50K and 8/32nds left
3. Radio hiss in HK units No problem
4. High idle on cold start-up Normal, put it in gear once started
5. Repeated issues of seats being uncomfortable Love the seats
6. Navigation volume is too loud, can't be modulated Can be turned down
7. Navigation not useful, effective or intuitive Agreed, SUCKS had it on my 2012 not our 2013
8. Reliability/longevity of CVT 2013 CVT is great, better than 2012. Don't see any problems
9. Poor gas mileage with 4 cylinder engine. Low of 28.5 to 40 on a trip. Great gas mileage better than our 2012
10. Reliability/quality control issues Tracks perfect.
11. Unexpected issues with a brand new car Zero
12. Support from SOA
Never had a problem, they even sent me $500.00 loyalty check when we bought our 2013. Thanks Subaru!

We have had 5 Outbacks this is the best. With only 3K on it we are getting 30 plus average on the highway. These cars do much better at 70 mph than in the city. Yes , every car could have problems, but there is nothing across the line that seems to be a problem. The 3.6 engine has always been bullet proof. We have a 2006 in the family with 195K and zero problems or oil burning. These engine take 10K to really break in. Follow Subaru recommendations and not the dealers and you will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts