Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Maybe you guys can help me:
For my 2004 Outback 3.0 I bought an used automatic transmission from a 2004 Legacy. Same partnumber: TG5C7CPABB-Z2. The transmission came with the front differential.
Now I was wondering if there are any differences in the Legacy and Outback rear transmissions. Both differentials have the number: VA2RHL-XU.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
For my 2004 Outback 3.0 I bought an used automatic transmission from a 2004 Legacy. Same part number: TG5C7CPABB-Z2. The transmission came with the front differential.
both the legacy and the outback H6 have the 4.11 final drive ratio. that is the important thing to match when swapping a trans. the outbacks with auto trans of those years had a different ratio. but the H6 and the legacy shared the 4.11 ratio. so the differentials should be the same.

i'm surprised both trans have the same part number on them. that is very rare. double check the numbers to be sure. TG5C7CPABB. (the last 2 do not matter.)

you can cross reference your trans part number and that of the legacy at http://opposedforces.com/parts .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts