Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local service shop is inspecting a 99 Chevy Tahoe for me tomorrow morning. If everything checks out fine, the Outback will be traded in for the Tahoe.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Well Neil... I can understand with your Outback :( Thats too bad, but you are still a great member of this site and you will always be welcome ;)

You're the only other Outback.org member I've ever met besides Brian Heinz, although that vagabond and I were previously aquainted so he doesn't count :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck, I will stick around. I must be one of the only members to have pulled and (almost) rebuilt his engine and transmission. I was actually pretty happy with the OB and might get another in the future. The chances are better for a WRX though.

One of the reasons for getting the Tahoe was that I will eventually tow the Camaro to autocross events. The price was also good ($10K) and it is really a very clean truck. I'll try and post pics soon.:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The_Lizard said:
Yes, you are a Chevy man at heart, after all...

:D
It looks that way but remember there is a German car in the garage too!

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I'm just looking forward to being back in my own OB again, should be early next week.

Meanwhile yesterday the Buick got a set of half-worn used tires, which are a **** of an improvement over the nearly-bald ones that were on there. Now without the wiffleball wire wheel covers, and tires turned blackwall-out, it actually looks a little bit badass.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
it actually looks a little bit badass
in the sense of the original meaning of the term "juggernaut"....a ponderously heavy stone cart honoring Shiva the Destroyer, under the wheels of which the faithful would throw themselves to be crushed......

i wouldn't want it in my rearview mirror.:eek:

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
cptoversteer said:

in the sense of the original meaning of the term "juggernaut"....a ponderously heavy stone cart honoring Shiva the Destroyer, under the wheels of which the faithful would throw themselves to be crushed......

i wouldn't want it in my rearview mirror.:eek:
Actually now that you bring that up, the Juggernaut that is, well that is what my friends orginally nicknamed my Outback. Yes even before it was dubbed the "Hero Wagon" everyone called it "The Juggernaut." Besides that Juggs was always one of my favorite Marvel characters :D

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
cptoversteer said:

i wouldn't want it in my rearview mirror
It wouldn't be there long

:p

I ran it on the freeways in town yesterday, what a difference it made to upgrade the tires from bad to mediocre. If this thing had functioning struts and decent tires, it would be really interesting.

When I get the OB back, I'll sign this Buick over to my genius step-daughter. It was always intended to be her ride anyway. But she can't own it until she gets a driver's license.

...not that the lack of a license has kept her from driving anyway - she already managed to get into a fender-bender with an ambulance, of all things. I had to make rough repairs because the tire was scraping the fenderwell in the right rear.

You'll like this, I pushed the fender back out by putting a bottle jack horizontally inside the fenderwell and jacking the metal clear of the wheel. A little bit like the baseball-bat trick the NASCAR guys use.

As you can imagine, I do not want my name associated with this car once she is driving it on a regular basis. Lord knows what misadventure she will have next. Or, maybe she will turn up her spoiled little nose at it and say she doesn't want it.

In which case *rattles can* I'll paint it black and really frighten people. I'll just need some chrome lugnuts....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The_Lizard said:
In which case *rattles can* I'll paint it black and really frighten people. I'll just need some chrome lugnuts....
The funny thing is that I can really see you doing that too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The_Lizard said:

Suddenly, the song Amish Paradise starts playing in my head...
Make sure you use flat black then!:D

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Mericet said:

Make sure you use flat black then!:D
As I walk to the carlot where I park my sedan
I take a look at my ride, and realize I'm a boring man
But that's just perfect for a fogey like me
You know I shun fancy things like notoriety.

At eight thirty in the morning I'm tapping keys
Doing clerical work while charging fat consultant fees
And I've been tapping and charging so long that
Even my coffee mug thinks my mind is gone.

When I stop at a light, I'm a forgettable sight
'till I meddle with the pedal (narrow one on the right)
And that's when I vanish with a blaring V-6
To enjoy suspension travel on some road in the sticks.

People wonder what's the deal
When I spin the Buick steering wheel.
Don't get too much road feel
When I spin the Buick steering wheel...

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I got my Outback back

$2,134 later, The Lizard is back at home!

Within four hours, I had already packed it with boxes to help someone move to a house 20 miles away. It runs correctly again, although you know I kept looking at the temp gauge...

The shop gave me a bag full of the old parts, but I haven't had time to inspect them yet.

Now, let the snows come!

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder,
Smite flat the thick rotundity o' the world!
Crack nature's moulds, an germens spill at once,
That make ingrateful man!

I don't care, I have the AWD car again!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
CPToversteer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing