Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2007 Outback wagon with manual transmission.

I feel the pedals are VERY close together. I wear Size 12 shoes and more than a few time have hit the brake accidentally when going for the accelerator. Or hit the brake when pressing in the clutch. No way would I be able to drive with boots on.

Anybody else having this problem?

Looking for solutions... Perhaps custom pedals that aren't as wide? Or is there a way to move everything over to the left a little?

Thank you!!

David

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Wearing huge insulated hunting boots makes it tricky...but that's expected, they're big honkers.

I wear like 11's and don't have any issues at all. I think you'll get used to it, I've never thought them as close together.

I would guess moving the pedals is not going to be a good fit for most people, you will have to be highly motivated.

Looks like a common complaint for lots of cars, all over google, might want to see how others are fairing there?

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,972 Posts
Toe-heel. It is your friend.

(Of course, I'm the one that likes to double clutch downshift into corners and shoot out the exit like I'm on fire...)

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,621 Posts
do not drive a new Ford Escape then, those pedals almost overlap.

had one as a loaner recently - horrible ergonomics on pedals/seating position.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
6'3" Size 11 shoes and never had a problem with my '08 Legacy, '05 Impreza or '98 Impreza. Even when wearing my Rocky boots.

What did you drive before the Subaru? It seems inline with most modern compact-midsize cars I've driven.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you drive before the Subaru? It seems inline with most modern compact-midsize cars I've driven.
Thanks for the info, guys!

I was in a PT Cruiser 2-door before the Outback. Lots more room on the floorboard on that one.

Was thinking it was just a "small car" thing, until I got behind the wheel of a Honda Civic yesterday. Nice spacing on that car, I think.

Does anybody have advice on switching out foot pedals? Would that help at all?

Was thinking some of the small, aluminum "racing" pedals might give me a little more room to work with. Is swapping out pedals a job most repair shops will do?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Is swapping out pedals a job most repair shops will do?
if they are bolt on parts, then yes any shop will do it. they won't get into cutting the firewall, welding, metal work...but if it's just bolt on they'll do it.

if you want something this specific that's not available at most generic auto stores they'd much rather you hand them the box with the parts ready to install.

·
Registered
2011 Impreza OBS
261 Posts
Are the pedals adjustable? I feel like the pedals in my 11 OBS are too far apart.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT, 1984 Porsche 944
277 Posts
I thought that same thing when I bought my 2006 coming from a Saab and Porsche.
You get used to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts