Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking into getting an outback and thought "Wouldn't it be cool to make a newer model outback look like the original models?" I personally like the way they looked. Ex. Two tone paint job, original badges, etc.

It's purely a just for fun idea, but has anyone ever done this before?

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,590 Posts
I think you'd be the first but not sure if the old school badges and two tone paint job would match the current car's body lines - maybe do a photoshop job first? You might be on to something that must be seen to be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
10,647 Posts
If you're talking about a Gen 1, yes, that is a very cool look.

But why not just get the real thing? Here are many out there in reasonable condition; yes, it will be a 25 year old vehicle and will have some issues, but you're after that look, nothing beats the original! :)

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
15 Posts
Could be cool if you got an OB in green and then took it to a decent shop to vinyl wrap the bottom half in a nice flat tan or something. Maybe 12” or so, like about a third of the way up from the bottom. Like somebody said, the newer model is a lot curvier, but it could work. Outside of that, there doesn’t seem like there’s a lot you can do to harken back to a much more old school and boxier model.

Definitely Photoshop some ideas before you do it, and if you went with vinyl wrap, at least it wouldn’t be permanent. If I get a wild hair, I’ll try to throw something together in PS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts