Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the other evening I found out here that OBS means OutBack Sport, the Impreza sized OutBack, not OutBack Sedan like I thought. So what is the abbreviation for OutBack Sedan? I know we are a minority, but we deserve an abbreviation!

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
OB Sedan maybee? :D

Sorry that OBS has been taken but that has been used in many other places as well like NABISCO, etc. for quite a while. Sorry but the Outback Sedan (let alone the Outback period) has never been very popular on the internet. Hence the creation of this site, so sorry Wayne... OBS is going to stay the baby Outback abbreviation :8:

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
tbert said:
I think Subaru calls it "SUS" Sport Utility Sedan. Possible ones:

OSUS
OBUS
OBSUS
OBSN
OSN
Thats a good point tbert, back in the late 90's when the Outback Sedan first came out it was labeled as the "SUS." There you go Wayne, will that work?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hero Boots said:

Thats a good point tbert, back in the late 90's when the Outback Sedan first came out it was labeled as the "SUS." There you go Wayne, will that work?
No way an Aussie would ever buy anything called a "SUS", sus here is slang for suspicious, as in not what it seems. There's even a comedy routine called "Nothing Sus". Since we don't get the Outback Sedan here it doesn't matter much, but why not just OB for the sedand and OBW for the wagon, OBS for the sport?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OBSdn

HHMMMM

OBSdn? not too hard to type. How 'bout that?

BTW, where are Australian Subarus built, anyway? In Indiana?

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
Re: OBSdn

waynerd said:
HHMMMM

OBSdn? not too hard to type. How 'bout that?

BTW, where are Australian Subarus built, anyway? In Indiana?
Hey whatever works for you is fine with everyone I'd think ;) As long as the message gets across it should be all good.

Losiho said:

All Australian Subarus are built in Japan.
And I will continue to be jealous of all you Aussies for that very reason... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Kevin
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing