Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013, Outback
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can remove the chrome strip from the Subaru window deflectors? Is it possible to just peel it off? Could someone that has them take a up close picture?

Planning on having my window trim blacked out so i don't want a chrome strip right where the window defectors are...

Thanks

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
If you are talking about installing those window vent-shields that stick over the windows, I had those on my '05 OB and they started falling off. It took me two days to remove the 3M Adhesive foam without gouging the paint. I sent them back under warranty, got a new pair, in new packaging and returned the new ones for a credit. I will never put that junk that sticks to the paint again. I followed the instructions explicitly and they were still falling off after several winters.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,063 Posts
If you don't have the Subaru ones already, get the Weathertech ones instead. They go in the window channel. I had them on my previous vehicle, they're a great product, and any concerns about them making the window too tight should be dismissed, I had tint on that vehicle and the tint never started peeling due to the extra pressure. I'm still debating getting them for the OB.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, EyeSight & Nav.
565 Posts
I have the OEM ones with the silver/chrome looking (plastic) strip and absolutely love them. They have been indispensible since moving to the bay area with misty wet conditions where I still like to crack the window for fresh air, or on long road trips and also I am able to keep the windows cracked while parked on hot days to keep fresh air coming in and it's not as hot when I get in the car.

With that said, I dont think you can just peel off the silver plastic moulding. Why don't you just get the WeatherTech ones instead? They are cheaper than OEM, and have no silver strip.

·
Registered
2013 outback 2.5 prem
135 Posts
Any pics of the weathtech. How far do they stick out from the window and do they cover the area by the sie mirror

1 - 6 of 6 Posts