Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now, ever since i was researching the purchase of my outback last year.

I thought i would finally register and share this video i made today.:D

Subaru Outback explores Madison WI during blizzard! GoPro Hero2 - YouTube

It's an 03 LLBean with snow tires. Most confidence inspiring winter vehicle i've ever driven!. Yes, unplowed streets with nearly 16in of snow up to the bumper, not a problem, Snow plow drifts over my hood, not a problem!

·
Registered
2017 OB Premium 2.5 CVT
137 Posts
Thanks for posting this nice video, but it would have been much more enjoyable to watch at normal speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually used a dynamic velocity. it's sped up anywhere from 150% to 300% depending on the clip, and ramps up and down gradually.

It's already over 8min long, i had to speed it up to get the amount of clips i wanted in, even then there's so much I cut.

for me it gets kinda boring watching the whole thing in normal speed.

It be real easy for me to upload some sections in normal speed though if you have a request ;)

Also just looked up the reports, totals for my area are 18-20 inches!

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,477 Posts
I didn't mean to turn this into a group critique of your edit, but I would point out that if it bores you to watch it at normal speed it probably needs cuts more than anything else. Then maybe toss in a ramped speed effect to dress it up or solve a weird cut.

Anyway, have fun & stay safe!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't mean to turn this into a group critique of your edit, but I would point out that if it bores you to watch it at normal speed it probably needs cuts more than anything else. Then maybe toss in a ramped speed effect to dress it up or solve a weird cut.

Anyway, have fun & stay safe!

yeah, you are right... youtube standard quick cuts are needed. I just wanted to get this out the door same day though. As well as this one.

I'm really really happy with how this one turned out. It's a Time-lapse from my porch.

http://youtu.be/Rpm0vbC5gvM

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,477 Posts
Shasta and Tahoe measure snow in 3ft increments tonight through Sat more like 5ft increments. Lol
I'm missing all the cool weather. And some of the scary weather too: my hometown is supposed to hit -60°F tonight! I don't think it ever got that low when I lived there.

Lousy rain where I am now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts