Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,019 Posts
It has it, try drifting out of a lane and see what happens. It won't self-correct, but it should alert you that you've left the lane. If you want a nudge back into the lane (or want it to try keeping you centered) you need to enable the cruise and set a speed.

Did your dealer not go over any of this? You also have a library of books that came with the vehicle, info on these systems is included in that. Also, a member of this forum has put together a bunch of videos covering features of the Gen 6 Outback and posted them on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/SubaruOwnerTips/videos

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes it does that type of alert but I’m coming from a 2020 Outback Touring and it had the lines in the middle odometer area which showed the lane I was driving in and turned yellow if I was drifting either left/right?

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,019 Posts
Thanks, yes it does that type of alert but I’m coming from a 2020 Outback Touring and it had the lines in the middle odometer area which showed the lane I was driving in and turned yellow if I was drifting either left/right?
My 21 Premium only indicates the lane if I've enabled cruise and set a speed. If I depart the lane, cruise enabled or not, it shows a yellow line on the side to which I've departed.

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Wilderness with moonroof package
197 Posts
OBW will do that, too. Check your Eyesight manual -- p. 84 for "Lane Departure Function," p. 100 for "Lane Departure Warning," and p. 103 for "Lane Sway Warning." How features are triggered and/or displayed may depend on whether cruise control is enabled or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts