Subaru Outback Forums banner

Outback Wilderness metal pedal for foot rest?

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  louis.voneye 
#1 ·
It seems that the Outback wilderness does not have all three pedals made with metal. Id like to replace the plastic foot rest one with a matching metal one. Has anyone found a metal pedal that matches the Gas and Break that are in the Outback Wilderness?

I was looking at a video of a Forester and spotted this! So it must exist!

Thanks,
Tom

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe there is an actual part number for the Forester. But unsure if it compatible with the Outback. Apparently the piece is not small and goes a bit deep into the floor.

A search online seems to point towards it mostly being a JDM market accessory.

Whenever you do another search, be sure to look for a "dead pedal," or "aluminum dead pedal." If you find one, would love to hear how it goes! I just don't have the immediate bandwidth to go down that rabbit hole.

#8 ·
This the one? It doesn't say it fits the outback wilderness so just checking.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
I called the company and asked them if it would fit - they said that as long as the holes are 5 1/2 inches apart it should but they haven't confirmed it yet.

#9 · (Edited)
Wilderness here

I purchased the ProSport dead pedal for $41 off Amazon (from the manufacturer). It fits. I reused the existing clips and had to cut the fabric from the original plastic as it was adhered to the cloth by glue.

My only complaint is the clips sit a few millimeters above the surface of those pockets due to their design. This also makes it so the connection on the clip is not as strong as it could be. I may try to shave down the clips so the heads sit flush in their pockets (doesnt need a lot).

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Sky Automotive design

the finish is a good match
Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive design Carbon Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.