Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Has anyone on a Gen 5 or 6 had a tire failure of any kind aside from nail/screw punctures?

The K02 isn't nail or screw proof - it may be more cut and chip resistant for use over sharp rocks or doing the Baja 500. To me, using the K02 on a crossover will compromise the ride and handling on-road too much, just for a theoretical superiority in conditions the tire will never encounter. It's overkill. It's like wearing hiking boots on your daily jog.

But if you really are going to be driving over sharp rocks frequently because that's what your environment is, then it could be the right tire for you. If your daily jog is over rocky terrain then light weight trail runners might not be ideal and jogging with hiking boots make sense.
thats the main reason I still have put the trigger for a set of K02. cuz the G015 it is really nice tire for all round use!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,455 Posts
Some people buy heavy wheels and tires and are happy with them and others have noticed enough of a detrimental effect that they sold them. It's your car and only you can know what will make you happy. My bias is to be anti-Instagram mindset where how something looks, the "stance" or attitude it projects is more important than its utility, but these days Instagram mindset seems to be a powerful thing. It used to be that outfitting your vehicle poser-like would be ridiculed for being a mall crawler, but it seems that these days it's the thing to do.

I enjoy the experience of driving a good handling car so my mods are to make the car drive more sporty, but many may see that as a complete waste of time and "ruining" the car. To each his or her own.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
736 Posts
Ko2s are ok for a work truck. Overkill for 99% of crossovers/OB's

The wildpeak trail is great and the at3w versions is really good if you need more aggressive. Still quieter than ko2

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts