Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2009 DBM Subaru Outback XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm curious to see what numbers other xt owners that went stage 2 are getting! Here's mine:

2009 outback xt 5eat

280 whp
302 tq
Tuned on mustang dyno by Turbotek Tuning through AP

Invidia catted downpipe
Vf52 turbo @ 17lbs

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,054 Posts
moved thread to 2005-2009 = turbo outback land.

_______

and this thread title is like the whole legacygt.com forum, rolled into one title. :crazychef

·
Registered
2005 18psi supercharged U5 Outback w/207k+ miles
837 Posts
Wow that is great power. It must move pretty well. Any concerns on any of the components - trans... factory pistons?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It definitely gets out of it's own way, on par if not a bit quicker than my buddies 2016 wrx running a Cobb stage 1 tune. As far as internals go, I'm not too worried, my tuner and I decided to play it safe with the tune. The 5eat holds the power surprisingly well, but I rarely let it shift under full throttle, just for peace of mind. I've read elsewhere that the 5eat is good for over 300 hp but Id rather not put that to the test. I hardly ever go wot in s#, most of the time I keep it in the intelligent mode for mpg.

·
Registered
08 OBXT 5MT
294 Posts
2008 Outback XT 5MT

Cobb Catted Downpipe
Grimmspeed TMIC
Boost Controlled Performance BCP x400 (bolt on)

93: 291 whp / 274 wtq, 15 PSI
E85: 319 whp / 340 wtq, 20 PSI

Tuned by Johnson Tuning on a Dynojet.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,263 Posts
OK...NOT hating at all...

K??

vf52 is where the punch comes from. But due to the loading simulated by these machines, both have been known to give optimistic numbers. We were discussing this yesterday on the XRT forum. I think Rototec? one of the most accurate.
But don't quote me or call me a hater. I live at mile high...I tell everyone, both of my XTs are 250HP/250TQ ...just like the factory window sticker says.

:21:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2008 Outback XT 5MT

Cobb Catted Downpipe
Grimmspeed TMIC
Boost Controlled Performance BCP x400 (bolt on)

93: 291 whp / 274 wtq, 15 PSI
E85: 319 whp / 340 wtq, 20 PSI

Tuned by Johnson Tuning on a Dynojet.
So you're in the same ball park as me. My tuner told me to expect to see a 10-20 hp loss with the 5eat compared to the mt

·
Registered
837 Posts
Building up a 257/253 motor with my Raptor supercharger has crossed my mind (already) but I don't think I'd ever make power like any of this. Probably max out around 250 whp due to supercharger max impeller RPM.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oh haha true.... yes he has a closed deck block, and built bottom end. Stock transmission though! What is considered "stage 2" .. Bolt ons only?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I always assumed it to be stock motor and turbo, aftermarket pipes and possibly fuel sustem and boost controller upgrades.

·
Registered
Outback 2.0XT, Audi TTq, Ducati M750
333 Posts
I always thought stg2 was intake/downpipe/intercooler/tune, then stg3 added fueling, cams, and other more involved and exotic parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Stage 2" is technically just down pipe and tune for 2008-2009 outbacks. Previous gen 3's have a catted up pipe that needs replaced. The whole staged modification path is really just a guideline for modding safely. There's a good thread on here that goes into depth about it.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT limited
384 Posts
Stage 2....what is stage 2 and how do I get to stage 10........hehehehe

280 sounds nice. Those look good for numbers. It's true the MT could handle more than the AT. If you switch out the valve body then you may get more but that's a serious investment on something that may or may not fail under higher loads.

I'm interested to see what my XT will actually put down safely tuned vs. what the current cobb stg. 2 ots puts out as I have a few more parts than the dp/intake requirement. But I also have visions of it blowing up on the dyno in a fit of fireballs and turbo fragments. But I do enjoy my 24mpg these days. Plus that little vf40 still pulls strong. The VF52 waits on the shelf.....a year later.

My first dyno netted 195/195 and rocked my world for several years before the exhaust pipes started rusting. **** you salt.

I hope to aim for these numbers - 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT: "Gramps" - MTBwrench’s Photo Gallery for safety.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 05 is making healthy numbers for my cars age and mileage. Pro-Tuned, Invidia Catless Up pipe, Catless Downpipe, Grimspeed intercooler, AEM intake, full STi drive train swap and many other mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT limited
384 Posts
Dynotech! Nice man! Brian and co are great tuners. It's a nice selection in the NE with Wicked Matt, Dynotech, Bren, Keefe, Kaizen etc. Nice numbers too!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you! Matt is awesome he's super knowledgeable and explained everything to me in depth after he tuned my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts