Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MY04 Forester X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope its ok to post this here
Just thought i'd let you know that my forum for offroading Subarus is open.Will have some pics on my site soon of outbacks in the Outback

If you ever wondered what you can do in the dirt with an outback
please feel more than welcome to pop over and say hi and pick up some tricks and tips or share an experience with us
:D

cheers
Tony

www.offroadsubarus.com

dont trip over the mess the cleaners havent been through yet :mad:

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
244 Posts
What is the usual level of difficulty of your trips ? Bearing in mind that my car is auto (no low range) and the fact that the Outback's approach/departure angle is inferior to the Forester....

·
Registered
MY04 Forester X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Loshio
We dont try and break anything and our rules are car and passengers arrive home safe.The trips are designed around the capabilities of cars and drivers on the day with common sense taking over from bravado.We have recovery gear and first aid and UHF so the runs are equipped for safety

Now having said that most runs are easy/medium which would mean your outback would be well suited.I have done Baw Baw N.P
3 times in 3 months the 1st one was Extreme on the Dry Gully Track (before my bar was on)ripping the front plastic apart on the standard Forester dinging my exhaust scaping undercarriage and scratching underside rear bumper bar and getting caught up on a washout on a big hill and recovering the car with a tirfor hand winch snatch block and winch extensions,this trip was undertaken by me and a friend in an L-series wagon,we are both very experienced bush drivers and swimming the cars in the Aberfeldy river My second trip was The Woods Point Walhalla road rated easy/medium it cost me no car damage but 2 sidewalls on the oem Geo 900 tyres (i now run GEO AT+11)after driving through the worst gravel i have seen for 100'sklms this gravel is now fixed i am told.Done the coast rd with about 30k of dirt easy,King Lake NP easy Marysville to Reefton Spur via easy/medium little dirt
Acheron Way/Mt Donna Buang in the snow easy/medium

Now we are into Bunyip SP easy/medium for a few trips i hope to do 2 more in the next month rece runs you can join any of them.

Baw Baw dry gully track picture
http://stompinground.alphalink.com.au/offroad/feature/beigewagon.jpg

we wont be doing this with fresh new cars and drivers

:cool:

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
4,611 Posts
Hey Tony, glad to see the site's forum is finally up. I'll put your club in our resources thread. Tony, you and Losiho to get together since both of you are from Melbourne. Losiho, you should fix up you OB for some offroad duty :D

Hey great to see some stuff from down under. I want to see some pics from the Outback or just whatever you guys do offroad and whatnot. Keep'um comin' :)

·
Registered
MY04 Forester X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cao Cao and Losiho
thanks so much for your interest and joining up.We can only learn about the Subaru product by scouting different forums and our site is for anyone from anywhere,even if your just looking for a place to go for a day,i hope you can come to the site and find it

Losiho is more than welcome anytime to come for a tour on or off road as is anyone in a Subaru

Days out tailored to suit
;)

Tony

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
4,611 Posts
MY04 said:
Outbacks now outnumber all other Subarus currently on my Forum
as of last night

Now all we need is some pics of these beasts in the bush

:cool:
Are there any new 2004 Oz Outbacks there Tony? :2:

Yes! Outback imperialism is starting already!!! Ha ha, soon the U.S. will be overrun with Outbacks when they release the 2005's. I can see it all now... The Grand Imperial Outback Order :22:

Okay, if you actually read all that babbling I'm concerned about you! :bonk: :crazyeye: :ucrazy:

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,488 Posts
Are there any new 2004 Oz Outbacks there Tony? :2:

Yes! Outback imperialism is starting already!!! Ha ha, soon the U.S. will be overrun with Outbacks when they release the 2005's. I can see it all now... The Grand Imperial Outback Order :22:

Okay, if you actually read all that babbling I'm concerned about you! :bonk: :crazyeye: :ucrazy:
This is more accurate than you realized.

·
Registered
2013 OBP Forester XT
90 Posts
Talk about pulling a thread up from the deep... Nice one @Brucey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts