Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all UK outback owners,
I'm seriously looking at a new OB 3.0Rn in the classic farmer green/grey colours, I've had a test drive at a dealer and was very impressed.
I'm now in the process in finding the best deal, does anyone have any ideas how I can save money on the purchase?
Can I save serious cash on euro or jap imports?
Also what are the best options? I'm hoping to add a towbar and roof rails, are there any other options I should be adding?

Cheers
Andy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it seems the best prices on new euro imports are from other RHD european countries that have just joined the EU, like Malta & Cyprus. Here's a euro import for sale on AutoTrader for £24K GBP (US$ 45K)
http://tinyurl.com/4ktow
Whereas a UK model will be £28.5K GBP (US$ 53K)
though I'm after green/grey car.

Cheers
Andy.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i SE, Manual, Atlantic Pearl Blue
26 Posts
After a near 5 month wait, I collected my Outback 2.5i SE last week. You shouldn't have to wait that long now though. They sold their quota rather quickly last year but my dealer mention that supply has now improved dramatically.

Many dealers won't offer you an inch on discount, as they can pretty much sell them all. However, you might want to consider a broker, such as Broadspeed who will display the lowest price they can guarantee from a UK Subaru dealer for a new UK car (not an import). You pay them a fee if you go ahead buy from the dealer they put you in touch with, or a small charge if you decide not to go ahead. I'm not sure you'll find a cheaper alternative, but good luck if you do.

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 3.0R 05
36 Posts
If you are prepared to wait until well after the 'March rush' you should be able to get at least 5% off. Shop around the various dealers/brokers. I know nothing about imports.

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
Long term Subaru Owner - Current Daily Drive: 2007 Lexus RX350, and E46 BMW 328i
1,142 Posts
obuk said:
Well it seems the best prices on new euro imports are from other RHD european countries that have just joined the EU, like Malta & Cyprus. Here's a euro import for sale on AutoTrader for £24K GBP (US$ 45K)
http://tinyurl.com/4ktow
Whereas a UK model will be £28.5K GBP (US$ 53K)
though I'm after green/grey car.

Cheers
Andy.
WOW... your cars are expensive in the UK...

At current exchange rate (about 0.38p = NZ$1) an ex demo or similar 2004 3.0R would cost here about NZ$50k which is only GBP19k.

A new 3.0R costs NZ$55k or about GBP21k - and that's the asking price.

You can certainly get them cheaper from Japan, but I dont know the rules for importing into the UK - it is pretty straightforward here into NZ, especially for later model vehicles.

We recently purchasd a 2001 VW Golf from Japan and saved the best part of $10,000 (40%) on what it would have cost us to but a NZ one the same year.

Have a look at www.rushcorp.com - that's who we purchased from and they were reliable and professional, and if they havent got what you want (probably not for an 04 or 05 model) they will get it and send you a quote....

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi
859 Posts
There's plenty of purchasing choice for Outbacks in the UK.

New official imports from Subaru dealers at list price or good discounts from brokers - these are still UK dealer supplied cars with full Subaru UK 3-year warranty.

New unofficial imports from EU are available but these aren't full UK specification and don't have Subaru UK 3-year warranty.

Litchfield are also importing performance versions directly from Japan.

There's also a good selection of nearly new Outbacks through the Subaru Direct and Subaru Proven schemes operated at Subaru dealers, backed by Subaru UK.

I've just bought an '06 Outback 2.5SE automatic with 9,000 miles for £15,300 - with 21 months Subaru warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts