Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited with Eyesight
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an Outback 2013 and outside temperature seems to be stuck on 65 - anybody seen this before?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,063 Posts
Did you talk to your local meteorologist and see if the temperature has varied from 65 at all?

Kidding aside, when you see your dealer for your 1-month checkup (they want to do one, right? Most do), bring it up, they should be able to test it or just swap in a new sensor. Better yet, mention it before going in for the checkup so they can have the part handy.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
25 Posts
when you see your dealer for your 1-month checkup (they want to do one, right? Most do), .
Haven't heard from my dealer since the time I had the one week old OB towed back to address the CEL+everyother light issue.

Is this one month check-up SOP for Subaru dealers?

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts
Maybe the weather where you live is just always super nice. ;)
Maybe you left a window down, and your Soobie's auto
climate control is holding all of Orange County at 65° F.

Looby

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
510 Posts
My 2012 Outback 3.6R temperature has stuck at the reading it had when started a couple times. It usually will start working the next time I restart the car. I also have a 2005 Malibu that does this much more often but also will start working correct after the first restart. Both seem to do it if the car has set for a couple days. Have no idea why. Microsoft software in the computer???:confused:

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited
80 Posts
I've noticed that my 12 3.6 Limited does that right after bath time. It seems to resolve within a short period of time.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,063 Posts
Haven't heard from my dealer since the time I had the one week old OB towed back to address the CEL+everyother light issue.

Is this one month check-up SOP for Subaru dealers?
Maybe I should have said "many do", but I've seen others on here note that their dealer wanted to do this so I figured it was SOP for them.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
I just noticed that my temp is stuck at 82 degrees today (It's actually well over 90). I noticed after I got a car wash. If I disconnect the sensor, the readout on the dash disappears completely. It's been pretty accurate thus far so I'm hoping it just needs to dry out or something. I'm scheduled for my 22,500 service next weekend so I'll get them to replace it if needed. The part itself is only $10 +/-. Should I call my attorney?;)

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
The one on my '13 3.6 got stuck too and the dealer figured out it was a bad external temperature sensor (behind the front facia/bumper. They replaced the sensor and everything's been fine since. It looks like maybe Subaru will replacing a few more.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a new Outback (300 miles on it) and the Outside Temperature indicator is stuck at 49 degrees. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts