Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking all over. Anyone know anything about putting an Outback overhead console into an L? (With the sunglasses holder and map lights.) The headliner in my L is molded like the mounting points should be there but when i push i dont feel much structure underneath. Before i cut or pull it off I figured I would ask! If no one knows then I guess a DIY will be in order:p
Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
I would assume so as the loaded legacy's came with map lights.

I added just the map lights in my outback. One thing I like doing if its available to you is go to a pick n pull or the like that has your car and pull down the headliner and see! Great way of findin out without ruinin your own

That's how I learned they come equipped with grab handle threaded holes for the driver. Probably because they are Japanese cars and they make one body for both markets

·
Registered
'00 Outback Limited Sedan 2.5l Auto, Black, '98 Kawi KLX351R, '99 HD XL1200Sport, '08 Suzuki VStrom
140 Posts
I had the same idea, cept mine is a standard OBW w/ small console(only maplights) and I grabbed the console from a Limited OBW. I forgot to take measurements of the brackets, headliner holes and mounting points. Seems a bracket is missing on the roof and the spotwelded nuts are not in the same locations. I have not given up, just need to go back to the wreckers and take measurements and possibly fab mounts.

Also of note the wiring was completely different on the 2 consoles, not a biggy for most people.

If it requires too much fab, I'm going to investigate putting the console from a chevy s10 blazer, like I did to my S10 pickup. It adds Homelink, 3 storage compartments, maplights front and rear, outside temp and compass!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts