Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Check Engine light with flashing cruise control and X-Mode icons for the last 3 days and could pull code P0011 "Intake Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Advanced" today. Other than plugging the scanner to read the code I did not touch anything on it and the Check Engine light disappeared on the next start of the engine (after about 10 driving sessions with it lit).

Looked through the forums and haven't seen threads about this code on recent Outbacks. Most threads seems to be for the older XT engine. What could it be? I looked at the oil level 2 weeks ago and today and it's fine.

Car is 9 months old with 17500KM on it and I got an appointment next week to have a look at it and do the oil change at the same time.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 2.5L, Auto; 2018 Forester, 2.5L, Auto (for Mama); 2005 Baja, 2.5 Turbo, Manual
685 Posts
IIRC older engines had an issue with cam position sensor. Thought it had been solved.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd just let the dealership take care of it while its under warranty.

Reactions: Wilko1

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,179 Posts
+1 for above.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Whatever you do don’t clear the code as the dealer will respond with a shrug without a code to read from the computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts