Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 OBW 3.6R Limited, 1997 OBW 2.5L Auto (sold, but not forgotten), and 1991 Ford F150
1,525 Posts
When mine failed, it was cracked clear through the side ... not from over-tightening, but just old age and vibration, I guess. So, I could see one cracking from over-tightening, too, since the shell is some kind of plastic material.

There are a couple of good threads here on replacing the sensor ... just do a search on P0325. Before removing the old one, note the angle/position of the old one so you put the new one in at the same angle/position.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
Thread moved to correct forum.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,477 Posts
Anybody had one of these fail? (2000 outback H4)

Can you kill by overtightening the bolt?
If you mean try to torque it down more, no, bad idea. The block is aluminum and if you overtighten the bolt you risk stripping threads or breaking the bolt.

What RobLog said plus try to clean the block before installing the new one and a light application of anti seize on the bolt thread. Get a Subaru sensor. You would be wasting time with an aftermarket part on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts