Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2005 saabaru x2 and 1997 outback
43 Posts
for pitweasel above,

piston slap in itself is not an urgent problem. however, when it gets worse (correct me if i say anything incorrect pls), you will likely have to do some rebuild work on the engine.

torque wrench, it's your call. if you think you can get it in the right range, it might be okay. the only way to be sure is to use a torque wrench. some people have a better feel for this than others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi man
this seems to me a technical issue for this you can check one of the best OEM in canada plz try to check the info about ur code error through http://www.autopartsway.ca/AutoParts2/index.cfm?fetch=vehicle~ID=2000~Subaru you may contact them also

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 199 subaru legacy 4 cly.
0325 code. i replaced the knock sensor with 3 different used sensors, no luck, engine light is still on??? help. is there only 1 ks?

·
Registered
'00OBW, '96&'94 Legacy - all rusted RIP, current: 2016 Focus MT
4,804 Posts
There's only one knock sensor on that engine. You might have a wiring problem. The code means the ECU detected a problem in the circuit; but it doesn't necessarily mean it is the knock sensor itself that is faulty (though it often is).

·
Registered
1998 Legacy Outback 5MT(engine pooped), 1999 Legacy outback 5MT(new baby)
113 Posts
thanks all, i just received my bosch knock sensor from autopartsway.ca and no CEL anymore. got it for 71.00 canadian shipped. thanks again for the response
autopartsway.ca is a great site, use them all the time. Only trouble is sometimes their stuff comes from B.C. and takes a little while to arrive, but that's not really an issue considering the prices. Lots of the stuff they have is OEM too :29:

·
Registered
98 outback
4 Posts
hey guys.. i got the p0325 too, replaced the knock sensor.. check for wiring faults in the engine bay and there seems to be none :( any easy way to trace it back to the ecu so i can see if i have to do a re-wire?

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello all.
im doing the knock sensor change on my 99 obw limited on sunday. ive looked under the hood. i can see the bolt.
ive read this thread multiple times and checked my hanes but i cant find where the wiring harness for the sensor goes... i dont want to take the bolt out and go pulling at wires and i want to make sure i can get at the harness. any tips on this?

·
Registered
129 Posts
hello all.
im doing the knock sensor change on my 99 obw limited on sunday. ive looked under the hood. i can see the bolt.
ive read this thread multiple times and checked my hanes but i cant find where the wiring harness for the sensor goes... i dont want to take the bolt out and go pulling at wires and i want to make sure i can get at the harness. any tips on this?
the easiest way is to take the intake box off. this will make accessing the wires and knock sensor easier. only takes about 10 mins more, but helps a lot when digging in that little space.

on knock sensor, i just buy the cheap ebay ones and have had no problems with them. knock sensors them selves are not really rocket science, but the circuitry is

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 96 Legacy Outback with a 2.2 engine in it. Originally it had the 2.5 but when the head gaskets went on it, I put in a 2.2ltr. Since then, I get P0325 code (knock sensor) however, I have replaced the sensor, cleaned the area where it mounts, did a continuity check and everything checked good but the CEL keeps coming back with that code. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,325 Posts
I've got a 96 Legacy Outback with a 2.2 engine in it. Originally it had the 2.5 but when the head gaskets went on it, I put in a 2.2ltr. Since then, I get P0325 code (knock sensor) however, I have replaced the sensor, cleaned the area where it mounts, did a continuity check and everything checked good but the CEL keeps coming back with that code. Any ideas?
See your other post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 outback knock sencor

So I need some help. I changed the knock sensor and the first one was bad so replaced it again. I cleaned around the sensor area and I torqued it to 16ft but I still getting the P325 code. Can someone please help me?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts