Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light has returned once again and this time it is reading p0400 EGR Flow Malfunction.

I have read through the various threads about this code and I see it the problem can range from multiple causes.

The last 4 times I have filled my gas tank the check engine light has gone off only to return when the gauge reads about 1/4 full.

I understand from reading the threads associated with this code that it could be the actual egr valve, the electrical connector, or the part in front of the egr valve with the clips(the name is escaping me at the moment), as well as something as simple as the tubing.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start since this problem seems to go away at least temporarily when I have a full tank of gas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2014 OBW 3.6R Limited, 1997 OBW 2.5L Auto (sold, but not forgotten), and 1991 Ford F150
1,525 Posts
Just when you think there's nothing new ...

I know a little about the P0400 code and have never heard of it possibly being related to gas level, so I don't have any suggestions that would make any sense. When a P0400 code appears, it stays on until repairs are done ... it's highly unusual for it to go off by itself whether by filling the gas tank or by any other reason.

Conventional advice is all I have to offer.

-Start by removing the EGR valve and thoroughly cleaning it.
-Next check/replace the BPT.
-Third, check the EGR Solenoid valve for proper electrical/mechanical operation.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just when you think there's nothing new ...

I know a little about the P0400 code and have never heard of it possibly being related to gas level, so I don't have any suggestions that would make any sense. When a P0400 code appears, it stays on until repairs are done ... it's highly unusual for it to go off by itself whether by filling the gas tank or by any other reason.

Conventional advice is all I have to offer.

-Start by removing the EGR valve and thoroughly cleaning it.
-Next check/replace the BPT.
-Third, check the EGR Solenoid valve for proper electrical/mechanical operation.

Good luck.
Thanks. I am going to run the gas down low again and see if the cel comes on again so I know it isn't just a coincidence and then I will clean the Egr and go from there.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts