Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dreaded p0400.

My egr vacuum solenoid was bad, so I replaced it along with my BPT and all the rubber vacuum lines associated except for the larger one @ bottom of BPT. (EGR is good)

I blew out the associated metal lines except for the main one from egr to head.

It took 100+ miles and 6 trips to have the cel come back on.

I plugged in my elm327 after me cel lit, i noticed i was getting 27mpg where i would usually get 29+, so I stopped cleared the code and started off again and my fuel mileage was back up to 31mpg, even after some heavy throttle to pass someone.

So anyone have a clue, I am at a loss.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok pulled the top part of the egr exhaust port tube, started the vhicle and it flows exhaust and looking into the end it looked clear. Blew compressed air through the hoses and lines again, everything is clear. Is there anything besides the egr, solenoid bpt and lines which will cause a P0400?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reportedly, if the filter circled in the photo below is clogged, it can throw a P0400. Haven't personally experienced it, FWIW. For $10, might be worth a try.

22663AA010_Pressure_Sensor_Filter

I blew through that filter with my mouth and it flowed freely so I didnt bother to replace it.

I also went and got new vacuum lines that fit even tighter than the ones I had put on, the ones I put on originally fit snug, but these new ones I had to use some vaseline on the orifice tips to get the lines on.

When I did this I looked at the hard line which is between the BPT and EGR Solenoid, it looked like some dust blew out of it originally, but I discounted it as dust off the engine block due to the angle it was at, but when I looked at it while attaching new lines it had some corrosion, not a ton, I sprayed some cleaner through it and made sure it was totally clear. I have a feeling I have it fixed, not much else can be done with the EGR system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts