Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 H6 Bean 4EAT ~270000
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a p0457 (EVAP leak) and when checking for leaks in the filler tube during filling I noticed that gas started leaking from this tube when the gas tank was full/almost full. I stopped the pump before it clicked and the leak quickly subsided.

This is right above the passenger rear differential. The tube is clearly damaged.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood

One side goes into the gas tank (I suspect) while the other appears to go into what I think is a valve with a connector.

Anyone know what this tube is? I don't think it is going to the pressure control valve, I believe that is on the left in the second picture. Is this the filler return line?

Replacing the tube is straightforward enough once I get the sizing but I'm assuming gas should not be getting in there and something else is broken as well.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2002 H6 Bean 4EAT ~270000
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
42075AE31A is NOT the correct part. It is the vent for the sensor that goes into the frame. It looks like 42075AE19A is the correct part.

Some 1/4" 6.4mm fuel line which seemed to fit on snug enough. Get new c clips though because it will be a little thicker and the old ones will not work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts