Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p1560 error, on diesel (FIXED)

Good morning everyone.
I am the happy buyer of a diesel outback from the beginning of 2009. So far everything has gone perfect. The other day, as I am a restless ass, I decided to install a rear camera, for this use the brown / yellow cable that is on the feet of the co-pilot, near the door, to send the signal to the change-to-reverse screen. The camera was a success, but when I started, the engine and srs lights stayed on. The battery removed several times, and was sometimes more than an hour removed. I passed the torque and I get the error p1560, backup power of the ecm. I erase it with the torque but it comes back out (in fact it does like a slight flicker but they do not go away)
I have looked at all the mirable, I have checked all the fuses, I have left it as it was and it remains the same. I do not know if I've touched a cable on the radio, disassemble it several times, or from where, but it did not. I just need to dismantle the ground to get to the ecm and check their cables, but I do not understand how it could break anything, if I have not touched it. The car seems to be fine, that is, I have not moved more than 5 m because of the fear that entered me, but it accelerates well and others, and I was wondering if it is not possible that it is nothing and that the car moves "self-adjusting" "or something like that (I know it, I'm still dreaming)
Please, I would appreciate any ideas, because right now I do not know what to do
Thank you very much everyone and sorry for the roll

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good morning everyone.
I am the happy buyer of a diesel outback from the beginning of 2009. So far everything has gone perfect. The other day, as I am a restless ass, I decided to install a rear camera, for this use the brown / yellow cable that is on the feet of the co-pilot, near the door, to send the signal to the change-to-reverse screen. The camera was a success, but when I started, the engine and srs lights stayed on. The battery removed several times, and was sometimes more than an hour removed. I passed the torque and I get the error p1560, backup power of the ecm. I erase it with the torque but it comes back out (in fact it does like a slight flicker but they do not go away)
I have looked at all the mirable, I have checked all the fuses, I have left it as it was and it remains the same. I do not know if I've touched a cable on the radio, disassemble it several times, or from where, but it did not. I just need to dismantle the ground to get to the ecm and check their cables, but I do not understand how it could break anything, if I have not touched it. The car seems to be fine, that is, I have not moved more than 5 m because of the fear that entered me, but it accelerates well and others, and I was wondering if it is not possible that it is nothing and that the car moves "self-adjusting" "or something like that (I know it, I'm still dreaming)
Please, I would appreciate any ideas, because right now I do not know what to do
Thank you very much everyone and sorry for the roll
First thing I'd do (not smart enough to say it's your problem) but a low or bad battery will throw errors..

I'd have somebody test your battery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i will check it.
I didn't test it because the car starts without problem, but i apreciatte very much your answer.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,480 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.
Yes I'm from Spain (sorry my english). Is the 4th generation, is a Diesel engine

Thank you for your link, but I'm using other site (jdmfsm.info) but I think is the same manual.

Thank you for your interest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I did, but I did not touch the cables of the ecm, why then could it break?
Could the problem be the low battery?
Although the car sart Ok...

Thanks again

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Based on the USDM data, there's an always-on power supply to the ECM. Code P1560 indicates that the ECM is not getting this power. There's a 7.5 Amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box identified in the Owners Manual (Section 12) as being for the "Engine Control Unit".

If the fuse is definitely good (check with a meter, or better still, just replace it with a new 7.5 Amp fuse), then perhaps a wire was disturbed during the back-up camera wiring. Not something we can readily identify from a distance.

Edit @cardoc beat me to it. However, the 2009 EDM might be equivalent to our 2010, in which case the fuse is identified in the 2010 USDM Owners Manual as #12, 7.5A, Engine control unit.

This fuse also provides power to the OBDII connector (powers code readers etc). As it appears "torque" worked, it's possible the fuse is okay. A broken wire or loose connector is then a possibility.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,480 Posts
Hi.
Yes I'm from Spain (sorry my english). Is the 4th generation, is a Diesel engine

Thank you for your link, but I'm using other site (jdmfsm.info) but I think is the same manual.

Thank you for your interest
I asked about the specific world model year,
...as the #s in the fuse box may change with minor wiring changes from year to year.

you might find the build date (month/year) on top of the shock tower's build plate or in the door jam or on the drivers door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, was matriculated at june of 2009. The fuse was the number 14, i think. I Will checked again, the fuse and the contacts.
The only wires i touch was the audio/climate and the Brown/yellow wire of the backup light.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, i checked the 14th fuse and more, are ok. All the fuse are ok, inside car and outside. I Hope tomorrow check the ecm conector.
Thanks to all

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,778 Posts
You would be surprised at how things are wired on a Subaru. For instance, and this happened to me as well as others, the key got stuck in the ignition. It would not turn to lock and let me remove the key. It was the horn fuse blown from a bad horn. Really. Not making this up. The horn is connected to the keyless entry and alarm. The keyless entry is connected to the ignition lock solenoid. So even with the car in Park, the key would not come out because the lock solenoid was not getting power from the horn fuse. Replaced the fuse, after I took the column cover apart looking for something broken, and the key came right out.

If you need a wiring diagram, I'll see what I can come up with on a diesel if you can't find it.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
You would be surprised at how things are wired on a Subaru. . . ..
Indeed, there's some unexpected, and somewhat troubling interconnections in these cars,such as the fuse for the reverse (i.e., back up) lights in the 2005-9. If that fuse is blown, it can disable the headlights. (Known to happen when wires to the rear hatch break and short to ground.)

But I don't see anything like this here in relation to the backup power for the ECM, at least, not yet. In any event, if a fuse is blown then a thorough check of all fuses should identify it.

I've attached the P1506 troubleshooting pages from the USDM 2009 and the USDM 2010, to cover both generations that might correspond to the OP's car.

The code is referring to the power supply from the battery going to ECM terminal B5 in the 2009, and terminal C2 in the 2010.

Of course, the diesel could be quite different.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, i apreciate a lot your offer, but i have the diagrams, and i don't see the relation betwen rear light and ecm, but you two are right, Subaru is different, that's why i like It....
I think the problem arose when removing and putting the battery, because I tried to leave it as it was and it remained the same.
Today i can't see the car, but i hope see It tomorrow.
Thank you forma your answer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello everyone again:
Well, It's already fixed!!
Yesterday, I used the car all day, and at 5th cycle of conduction (sorry for my english) the light went out. Now the car is fine, and all is correct.
Thank you everyone, you are the best. Your help was incredible.
Now the car has and android stick like HU and the rear camera works great.
Thank you again

Attachments

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Perhaps there was a bad electrical contact at a fuse or connector that, with testing and moving, might have self-corrected.

Your car dashboard area looks the same as our North American 2009. Nice display fitted into cubby (storage) area between the two vents. Incidentally, what's that below the display, on the right side of the CD slot? (Seems to have Parror, or Parrot printed on it.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello:

I think there was not a bad contact, because the error existed, I parked the car with the fault (4 hours after checking the fuse), and 2 hours later it fixed it, but maybe it was a bad contact.
Yes, it's the parrot ck 9100 handsfree, I do not want to remove it, until I try the HU.

Regards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts