Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been having a progressively more frequent CEL problem on my 2011 Outback. It's a P2096 code comes on and then clears itself. Last time it was at the dealer, they said one of two steps would be required to repair it - either replace the front oxygen sensor, or replace the ECM, but that I had to take it back in when the code was active. Projected costs were ~$400 and $900 respectively. Recommended I take it back when the code was active.

I brought the vehicle home, went to Autozone and got a front oxygen sensor and replaced it myself. Cleared the codes and the CEL stayed off for about 3 weeks. Its back on again.

I've posted a few screenshots of the oxygen sensor, short term fuel trim and long term fuel trim logs at idle and at 2000-2500 rpm. Hoping someone can help me out with it. I'm pretty skeptical about the problem being the ECM, and from the forums, it sounds like this is an ongoing problem to solve properly.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,571 Posts
In the immortal words of my physics undergrad lab TAs, "Label your **** axises". I assume the X-axis is RPM, but Y-axis values would be helpful (mV, V, A/F Ratio, etc).

What's the reported A/F ratio of Sensor 2 vs. Sensor 1?

I had a similar issue with my S2 (downstream), ended-up being damaged from road debris. New sensor was the fix, but since I'm swapped, I plugged it and disabled the code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts