Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of threads already on the 18" tires but I thought I would post this as a stand along top make it easier for anyone searching for info on these. For reference I have a 2017 Outback 2.5 Touring with 18" wheels

I had a long trip this week in my outback of over 1200 miles and now have 11,000 on them since installing them.
For reference I have the P7 Pirelli All Season Plus Cinturato.

With 11K miles the tread depth is exactly 9/32" on all positions. The wear is very even with no feathering etc. I had them rotated once at 6K and will rotate them again now.

So far I am very happy with these tires. If I get any snow this winter Ill post an update.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
We had those same exact tires on our Toyota Camry Hybrid with no complaints. The only problem we had is that the Camry is not AWD. The tires wore evenly with very little wear after 10K miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had these tires on my 2001 Outback and they surpassed the mileage guarantee with normal rotations. Great grip. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am now up to 18500 miles and all is still well. I measured each one and am getting 8/32" or slightly above but not 9/32" for sure.

Based on this and the wear bars being at 2/32" I dont think I will get 70K out of them. At this rate I bet it will be more like 50-60k but its really too early to say for sure.

The wear is even and still no feathering etc and they are very quiet.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
We have had two sets of them on the soon to be retired 98 Forester and are still very happy. Judyru is hard on tires and brakes. They passed the test.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May 27th with almost 30 K on the tires now and they are measuring a very consistent 7/32" on all 4 positions. They continue to have great wet traction and are very quiet and smooth. So far so good.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I'm 7k into my set and just had them rotated and balanced at DT.

Even wear all the way around with 9/32 on all tires. Just got back from a 1k trip and they still are impressive and a fantastic road tire.

I'm taking them on a 3k road trip in July across the Western US and I'll report any anomalies, although I expect none.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Thank you, sir, for continuing to update this thread with your experience as the miles fly by. It's very helpful for others who will be shopping for tires in the future!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a set (17") for my 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited in September of last year. Got a very good deal from TireRack, which included the road hazard warranty and also a discount for picking up the tires. Met one of their recommended installers in the parking lot of the (pickup location) Denver warehouse. Was finished in a little over an hour. Stopped by my dealer the next day for a (free) alignment check, which was perfect. Done deal.

Anyway, in about nine months, no issues, wear or otherwise. But except for a few ~2K trips, I am a very low mileage guy. Much quieter than the original Continentals.

Wonder if you considered the Michelin Premier A/S? I got some grief for going with the Pirelli's over the Michelin's, but am very happy so far.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I got a set (17") for my 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited in September of last year. Got a very good deal from TireRack, which included the road hazard warranty and also a discount for picking up the tires. Met one of their recommended installers in the parking lot of the (pickup location) Denver warehouse. Was finished in a little over an hour. Stopped by my dealer the next day for a (free) alignment check, which was perfect. Done deal.

Anyway, in about nine months, no issues, wear or otherwise. But except for a few ~2K trips, I am a very low mileage guy. Much quieter than the original Continentals.

Wonder if you considered the Michelin Premier A/S? I got some grief for going with the Pirelli's over the Michelin's, but am very happy so far.

Regards,
Bob

Prior to buying the Pirellis, I had a set of the Premier tires. It was an absolutely fantstic tire that checked all the boxes except one - longevity.

Mine were shot at around 35-40k. They were purchased at DT and rotated according to their recommendations. Had the dealer do an alignment and never had uneven wear problems. They just are an awfully soft compound. DT gave me a great prorated warranty credit and I rolled it into the Pirellis.

The Premiers have a high mileage warranty but still 10k less that the Pirellis and on reflection, that Michelin mileage warranty issue is more marketing than achievable Michelin thinks that you'll roll it into another set of their tires.

If you don't travel much and don't expect do drive over 35k over the course of 4-5 years, then the Michelin is a great tire. It's not going to last if you drive otherwise.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I measured the tires again today with 37,000 miles all 4 tires are showing exactly 6/32". The wear is very even tire to tire and no feathering, no uneveness from side to side. The tires are still silent running with good traction in rain and dry. I still havent had any real snow but maybe this winter I will get to test them there. Overall I am very happy with these tires

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
40K miles now and they are still at 6/32" but just barely. I am super pleased with these tires. /no cupping, no feathering and all tires are measuring EXACTLY the same. I rotate every 6000 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts