Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017, Limited 2.5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a couple of months now my driver's seat has been a pain in my butt. I had it in the same position for 7 months and about 10,000 miles without an issue. Then suddenly my left leg/butt cheek started to hurt while driving and later.

It seems like it could be coming from the airbag under that bolster on the left side. If I press on it I can feel the frame (or something else that's hard). It's putting a fair amount of pressure on my back side and making me uncomfortable.

I've repositioned the seat up, down, in, out, etc. Same problem.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,711 Posts
if problems continue, you might investigate back and seating products made by Obus Forme'

good stuff

·
Registered
2015 Carbide Gray Outback 3.6R with EyeSight
176 Posts
Get an MRI done - a herniated disk in L5-S1 pressing on sciatic nerve may cause the pain to radiate down the leg.

·
Registered
2013 O.B. and 2018 O.B.
100 Posts
If your wallet is in your left rear pocket, take it out.
So true. I carry a thick wallet and for years had left leg pain off and on. Since I switched to cargo pants because I carry a lot of stuff, meds, etc. and still thick wallet, several years ago, almost never get any pain, at least not like before. Carry the wallet in leg pocket of cargo pants, NOTHING in rear pockets.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Or go to the dealer and press on new ob seats to compare. If the seat foam on a 17 has broken down ask for it to be replaced. To new for that.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Limited with Nav, Premium Audio and Eyesight
81 Posts
Hi Matt, I'm a spine surgeon - and I used to live in North Kingstown. I agree with the suggestion of not wearing your wallet in your back pocket. Another consideration is Piriformis Syndrome - irritation of the piriformis muscle in your buttock that presses on the sciatic nerve. Does it hurt only when you sit in your car, or does it hurt when you sit on other surfaces as well? Also, try re adjusting the settings on your seat. Some people tend to lean back a little too much, so try a more upright position. If in doubt, see a physician and get your back checked out.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts