Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how durable is the finish on a 19 OB? Took a hit from something and lost paint clear to the undercoat in a circle of small chips and then a bird's dropping sat on the hood for no more than a day or two before I cleaned it and found it had eaten through the clear coat and pitted the surface! Some toxic bird poop for sure...
I should dig into threads here in detailing but am taking it to a professional for repair and something to protect if possible.
No wonder the salesman's first push was a paint and ding warranty, knew I'd be sorry I hadn't?
Can't recall a car's paint
being wounded so easily in my over fifty years driving...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Sorry about your paint. My cousin just got a 2019 Toyota Sienna in black. 2 days old, he brought it to show me, and I was showing him how to use Optimum No Rinse to clean the car. It had a large bird dropping. After cleaning, there was a very deep etch mark from the bird droppings, probably less than 24 hours old. It wasn't even completely dried and came off easily. I was shocked that the clear coat was so weak. I wonder if car manufacturers are needing to use water based paints these days?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts