Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own 2015 Subaru Outback in grey color. I have been driving the car for a while and got some small scuffs but recently I got some slighly bigger paint scratches from other people who don't know how to open their doors :frown2:

I am attaching a picture of how bad it looks like. I do have about 8-10 similar spots on both sides of my car. Is there any way to fix it? Will it buff out?

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
From the photo those look like chips and if so they will not buff out. They require touch up paint. For scratches in the clear coat I've had good success with meguires ultimate compound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the photo those look like chips and if so they will not buff out. They require touch up paint. For scratches in the clear coat I've had good success with meguires ultimate compound.
thanks! Do you have a link to the compound where I can get it?

Also, I know that my apartment neighbor did it. Actually his child did it I know it for sure, but I cannot prove it. Do you think I should confront him with that? I don't want to look like a jackass but ...

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premier XT - Magnetite Grey Metallic
13 Posts
I had only driven my OB 4 times and on my way home from work something kicked up from the highway and BANG!!! I had no idea what it was but went to the dealership and boy do I wish I got the Appearance Warranty..... went to a body shop and they quoted 800.00 to repaint the entire (drivers)door including taking everything off of the door.... he suggested to just get a paint pen for now (touch it up)and repaint the door in the spring. FM, never ever has this ever happened....

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Did you ask for a respray of the door or is that what the body shop estimator suggested?

Doesn't look like a complete respray is called for. Keep in mind many body shop estimators work on commission. Up selling is not out of the question.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premier XT - Magnetite Grey Metallic
13 Posts
Did you ask for a respray of the door or is that what the body shop estimator suggested?

Doesn't look like a complete respray is called for. Keep in mind many body shop estimators work on commission. Up selling is not out of the question.
I wouldn't be surprised either....**** thing is, it is almost dead center of the door....I'm going to try a couple of other places in the meantime....

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Touring
22 Posts
Get a two channel dash cam, evidence when the twerp does it again. Deal with it appropriately. What is appropriate is not for me to judge. If it was my Duncan, appropriate would be to feed him to a sand worm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts