Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, seeing as how its almost springtime and I'm getting back into it, does anyone else here play paintball? I a seasoned veteran myself, I've been playing since the 8th grade (8 years). I have an old school Tippmann 68 Carbine with lots of neato junk on it along with some other goodies. Anyway if you play post and tell us about all the gear you have and anything else. If you are curious about getting into the sport I'm just the guy to talk to you to help you out. Chat it up! :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
I played Paintball for my friend's 21st, but that was about 8 years ago. Heaps of fun - I'd do it again anytime. You just have to avoid being hit on the fingers and hands, the stomach and other "soft areas" ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
We'll I know this is a REALLY old thread, but i play quite a bit. Has anyone else picked the habit since this thread died?

·
Administrator
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't played since 2004, I got a bit discouraged because I had bought a Tippmann A5 that ended up being a POS and the company never helped me out with it. I spent all that money on the gun and added a few hundred dollars worth of accessories... I ended up using it for a few months and then put it down because I couldn't sell it (even with all the extra stuff) for near the standard gun's retail price :(

I just kinda stopped playing after that, **** I still have four cases of paintballs in my basement that are useless now. I'd like to get back into playing but I just don't have the extra money nowadays. Besides I like to spend my money on hockey gear and travel. I still have my 68 Carbine, awesome mask, and many other goodies to use if I ever get back in the saddle. That all being said it just seems like there aren't as many places to play as there once were. I suppose the economy has affected this sport and its players' ability to play (pay to play).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Myll�ri said:
I haven't played since 2004, I got a bit discouraged because I had bought a Tippmann A5 that ended up being a POS and the company never helped me out with it. I spent all that money on the gun and added a few hundred dollars worth of accessories... I ended up using it for a few months and then put it down because I couldn't sell it (even with all the extra stuff) for near the standard gun's retail price :(

I just kinda stopped playing after that, **** I still have four cases of paintballs in my basement that are useless now. I'd like to get back into playing but I just don't have the extra money nowadays. Besides I like to spend my money on hockey gear and travel. I still have my 68 Carbine, awesome mask, and many other goodies to use if I ever get back in the saddle. That all being said it just seems like there aren't as many places to play as there once were. I suppose the economy has affected this sport and its players' ability to play (pay to play).

That sucks about your A5. I've never been an A5 fan myself. But six or so people i play with run them without problems. I just think there are a lot better markers for less money. IF you weren't so far away, I'd invite you out for some woods ball. We dont really have problems finding places to play. BLM and the Forester service both allow paintballing on their land.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
My kid still plays, matter of fact I think UPS just brought a new gun today. I know he has a Tippmann and as far as I know he still uses it.

I played with him a couple times locally but, I'm getting too old for that stuff. Sore for days afterwards and it wasn't just the welts that hurt ;]

·
Registered
103 Posts
i'm an A5 owner as well. over the years i also had a spyder, or two, which were lent out to friends one day, and never got back... i actually don't know where the markers are now.

in college my buddies and i used to play a lot... then all of the guys (separately) went ahead and got married... had kids, etc..

every once in awhile i'll take the A5 out, lube it, dry fire it, then put it away for another year. i've been thinking about selling the whole shebang, and getting a new setup, once the kids get old enough to play, but that's a long time from now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We'll I guess I might be the only active player on these forums. I would have thought there would be more in a Subaru forum. I guess i shouldn't stereotype!

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Well, if you weren't in Oregon I could borrow the kids old rig and we could blast the crap out of each other ... I'd be wearing all my riding gear including helmet and chest protectors shoulder pads ... I won't be able to move very fast and I'll look like Darth Vader but, I won't look like I have the mumps for two weeks ;]

·
Registered
506 Posts
ETC said:
Well, if you weren't in Oregon I could borrow the kids old rig and we could blast the crap out of each other ... I'd be wearing all my riding gear including helmet and chest protectors shoulder pads ... I won't be able to move very fast and I'll look like Darth Vader but, I won't look like I have the mumps for two weeks ;]

Ha Ha. You don't get that many bruises! I maybe get one or two from balls in a all-day game. I seem to get more scrapes, from the running and diving behind logs. To bad you live all the way at the bottom of your state, or it would be fun to throw some paint around!

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Last time I played it was indoor so, no scrapes

Last game of the day I had my sector covered and just cleared it, I didn't realize that our anchor got taken out and everyone else went down fast. I was just about to go forward around the dorito when I took about a dozen shots in the back. Got pretty lumped up.

Outdoor is more fun but you're right, you get a little beat up from the rocks, trees, roots

·
Registered
506 Posts
ETC said:
Last time I played it was indoor so, no scrapes

Last game of the day I had my sector covered and just cleared it, I didn't realize that our anchor got taken out and everyone else went down fast. I was just about to go forward around the dorito when I took about a dozen shots in the back. Got pretty lumped up.

Outdoor is more fun but you're right, you get a little beat up from the rocks, trees, roots

Oh nothings worse than oppents getting behind you with out you knowing! of course it's a blast if your the guy to sneak around, and dont mind shooting people in the back!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I play on and off every spring and fall. Not hardcore enough to play in the humid summer though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
Sario
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing