Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've painted your stock Outback rims, post up a picture! I'm debating on doing mine

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going with gunmetal grey, with black primer and two coats of clear. I may do a hammerd grey, which is basically gunmetal with some black specs mixed in.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I went with doing:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd rather spend $20 and have to do it every tire change over then spend $200 on $150 rims. Heck. I doubt these rims will see 5,000 miles in my ownership.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did my wheels almost 8 years ago and has not shown any peeling from Duplicolor Graphite. I coated the wheels with 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of Graphite. Note the cap on rear drivers side rubbed on a snowbank one winter and that is the only one showing signs of wear. Otherwise, been really please with the color.
What do you have for tint?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It fits the car so perfectly IMO.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anything darker would really really pop being a white car. Black would almost be to much, but a lighter grey would even look amazing. My Gunmetal would be to dark. I am thinking about doing 35% in the front windows and on the rear windshield, and then doing 15% in the rear side windows.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can get many different colors of plasti-dip. It lasts about 6 months, and honestly isn't that removeable if you leave it on there to long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts