Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I parked the OB today and took the RS out of storage. Had some oil in the coolant overflow tank since my trip to Nebraska. This week the engine developed an appetite for coolant. At least the coolant is not going into the oil, but it sure is disappearing! So, as soon as my engine hoist is back home I will pull the engine and take a look at it.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Mine has been sitting parked so long, there was a pair of winter gloves on the passenger seat.

So I said the heck with it, might as well wake it up. I had to fill a slow-leaking tire, anyway.

When I pulled it out of the parking space, the rear brakes were so stuck I had to give it a lot of effort to make them bang loose. One of them still makes a little bit of a scraping noise.

I can run it for about 15 minutes before it gets hot, so there are several nearby stores well within range. It feels good to drive it again - I've been running my mother's 1989 Olds Delta 88 for weeks now.
:rolleyes:
Today I brought home some pepper plants for the garden *G*

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
The_Lizard said:
...parked so long, there was a pair of winter gloves on the passenger seat.
I keep my gloves in the car year round. **** Rochester weather!

Good luck to both of you, it's definitely no fun to hear about Outbacks that aren't rolling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts