Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am currently traveling cross country with my 2014 Subaru Outback on top of a UHaul auto transport. I was told while pulling into a gas station that my car was moving “quite a bit” when I stopped so I rechecked my straps and parking brake. It turns out my electronic parking brake disengaged itself, or at least I’m assuming so because the ‘BRAKE’ light was no longer on.

The car is turned off, set in Park, and now with further testing it is looking like the parking brake is automatically disengaging roughly 30 seconds after being engaged. Is this normal behavior? Does anyone know how to set it to stay on? I’m worried I’m at best going to damage my transmission and at worst have my (paid off yesterday) car roll off the back of my trailer.

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
347 Posts
Doesn't sound right. I set brake on my 2017-18 models always had brake engaged the next morning when I come out and start the car. Are you sure it's disengaged and not the light isn't on until car system is on?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,226 Posts
The primary retention should come through the tie down straps rather than the parking brake.
But that is anomalous behavior of the parking brake. The light may not stay on, but the brake should.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,280 Posts
make SURE the car is tightly strapped down... if the car was moving quite a bit are you sure it was in park?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts