Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally added the front amber LED's so now when the infamous Parking Lights switch is on it shouldn't drain the battery much.
I probably won't test for how long it can go before the car would have trouble starting but since someone else has said they left them on for over 8 hours with regular bulbs I'm guessing this could be okay more than a day and night. No more worries anyhow, in case I leave them on. Red LED's for the taillights were already added several weeks ago.

There's a good step by step with pictures someone else did at http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384488&highlight=headlight+mod for removing the 2004+ style impreza headlights. I just pulled mine forward enough to get to the parking marker lamps. The LED's I used are the inverted cone kind, got at ebay for just $3.30 pair (shipped), so that the light would shine out sideways since the bulb sockets are pointing out to the side. Not real bright LED's but looks okay at night.

I won't be tearing my headlights apart like that mod shows, can't bear the thought of cooking them in an oven. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
roo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing