Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i finally got my outback wagon and all i can say is I LIKE. it's a 97 5spd w/ the 2.5. even tho it's got 140,000 miles on it now, it looks amazing...but i do have one concern.....the second day i had it, the parking lights stayed on and i remember from car school workin on a caddy that they will do that if the battery dies or sometin...they arent blinkin, and the switch is definitely turned off. but they stay on all the time.... i looked a the battery and it had lots of green and white fuzzy crap on it which i cleaned off promptly and sprayed the corrosion stuff on there.....but i dont kno how to turn off the parking lights... the locks are electric but the guy i bought the car from didnt give me any remotes for a keyless entry, all i have is 1 ignition key. so how, if possible, do i get them to shut off?? and also, where can i go for possibly a cheap cold air kit??? i guess that's it...oh, wait, another thing about this car impressed me....i'm used to FWD cars..... all my previous were FWD... i was pullin outta McD's and a riced out civic was flyin down the hill and i had to stomp on it and in first gear, the wagon was instantly sideways down the road screamin at about 6500 RPM!!!! at a known passing strip, i thought for sure he was gonna try to pass me but he just stayed behind me about 20 yards.... **** was i impressed!!!!! but any ideas about the lights lemme kno!!! thanx!

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
On most cars you can operate the park lights & headlamps, just by using the normal switches, even with the key out & engine off- meaning its easy to accidentally drain your battery.

Subarus have mostly (always?) not permitted this- it is not possible to turn on the parks or headlamps unless the key is inserted & switched on. Since the main switch is wired that way, there is an auxiliary switch that lets you turn on the parks without the key. On my Outback, the switch is on top of the steering column.

You're correct- if they were blinking, it would probably be related to an alarm-equipped car having lost battery power- but if just the parks are always on, see if you can find & check that auxiliary switch.

That's the easy suggestion for someone new to Subaru. If that isn't it, it could be a stuck relay or something more difficult to track down. Good luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
i'm with Peaty... had a 96 OBW traded for T'hoe... dealer hit button while detailing & killed the battery twice before calling me... i told him what the problem was... i ended up having to go to dealer lot to flip the switch :rolleyes:

enjoy the new subie!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
kst8er
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing