Subaru Outback Forums banner

Part confrimation wanted

821 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  2000_5speed 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I think I've narrowed the noises down to a bad set of strut mounts. I will try the Moog or KYB strut mounts this time and see what happens. I have a question regarding the rear shocks on my 2000 Outback. It seems the shock and spring are separate there. I wanted to drop the car a lil since the only time it goes off road was in the snow. So I replaced bad front struts with the Legacy ones. Due to the front ones going bad, the rears are no doubt bad as well. So the question is, which KYB Legacy shocks are the right ones for this purpose?

Only one I've found that seems to be repeated is the KYB 341275. Is that the right one?

#5 ·
I asked because there were a couple places that said it didn't fit the Legacy for 2000, and a search on Rock Auto showed only european spec rear shocks. If that one looks right to you guys then I'll get them when I get the chance. I want to do the mounts first. The front end noise is driving me a lil insane. I figured if I nailed down the right shock then I could order it all at once saving shipping costs.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Yep, just want to be sure I get the right ones for the Legacy off the bat. Front lowered the car a lil using the Legacy ones. Since it will never see off road and Legacy ones are a lil cheaper I figured go for the Legacy struts/shocks and enjoy a lil better handling too due to the lower center of gravity. I need the part number for KYB GR2 rears for the Legacy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.