Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I hit a snow bank last night and part of my bumper was lost in the process. It's not damaged too badly for what I hit, so I am grateful. However, it looks like I only need a part of the bumper and not the whole thing.

It looks like that piece of the bumper can just be added, almost like it would clip in and that's why it came out.

Any idea on the part number?

Thanks,

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
I can't see the pics on this computer, but I'm betting you need the tow hook cover. Check opposedforces website for part number.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
869 Posts
Yep - front tow hook cover. Comes unpainted from the dealership for ~$25.

Ask me how I know ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Thanks guys. I am fortunate this is the extent of the damage. I also need the under carriage that goes under the engine. The engine cover or whatever its called. Found that for $90.

I think I'll try my luck at a junkyard or a u-pull it type shop.

Cheers

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Sweet! Thanks guys. I am fortunate this is the extent of the damage. I also need the under carriage that goes under the engine. The engine cover or whatever its called. Found that for $90.

I think I'll try my luck at a junkyard or a u-pull it type shop.

Cheers

I lost the tow hook cover within days of having my 2004. I pained the plastic behind it the same color as the bumper and called it good enough, but only because I figured if I replaced it I'd just lose the new one at some point.

As far as the engine cover goes, I wouldn't buy another plastic one for that price. You might as well spend a bit more and get a decent aluminum Rallitek or Primitive skid plate, plus if you hit something your oil pan will actually be protected. Not so with the plastic one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts