Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up for the motor and the wheels/tires. Runs and drive great, but it's rusty in all the usual spots and not worth saving. The rest of it is getting parted.

I'm a bonehead and forgot to grab pictures of the interior, but it's complete. Tan cloth, automatic climate control, single DIN radio w/ pocket, cargo cover, etc.

Any requests? Looking to move this stuff fast and prices will reflect it. Will get pictures of the interior when I'm out at the shop in the next few days.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Rear hatch inner trim panel if it's in nice shape!

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,260 Posts
Center console? Would like one with the extra cupholders for my '01. From what I've read, they are interchangeable?

Lower door side panels and rocker panels?

Front and rear bumpers and front fog lights?

Color of panel around the glovebox?? Mine has a tear just above the glovebox that I need to somehow repair/disguise/replace. That panel in mine is tan.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
H6 badge from front grille?

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Side mirrors? Rear cup holder?
Side mirrors: $25 each, including shipping
Rear cup holder: Not sure if it's there, but if it is and Richard Pare wants the center console it's going with that. Don't really want to separate those two but we'll see where things go with the console.

Dash any good?
I believe the dash is complete and solid. I don't recall any rot on the panel above the glove box but I'll verify.

Rear hatch inner trim panel if it's in nice shape!
I'll grab some pictures and let you decide on the condition! :)

Center console? Would like one with the extra cupholders for my '01. From what I've read, they are interchangeable?

Lower door side panels and rocker panels?

Front and rear bumpers and front fog lights?

Color of panel around the glovebox?? Mine has a tear just above the glovebox that I need to somehow repair/disguise/replace. That panel in mine is tan.
Center console: 100% interchangeable. I did the exact same mod in my wife's old 01 Outback. Complete with the heated seat switches, $50?
Lower door side panels and rocker panels: $100?
Front bumper: $75
Rear bumper: $75
Front fog lights: $20 for the pair. No fog light grills on this car but I have a pair I'll throw in for another $20
Panel around glovebox: It's tan, and I believe it's in good shape but will verify with pictures in the next couple of days.

H6 badge from front grille?
Does it come off the grille itself? If so, I dunno, $5 to cover shipping?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Rear drivers side (better check, i think it's drivers) bearing/arm assembly. Just the arm with intact bearings/hub, don't need any calipers, rotors, strut bolted to it.

Front strut assemblies any good?

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
Does it come off the grille itself? If so, I dunno, $5 to cover shipping?
Yeah, it has a few tabs on the back to slide it out of the grille. I'll take it. I had to replace Mal's grille and miss my H6 badge.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cargo cover?
$50? I'll need to check measurements and see what shipping will cost. If it's reasonable I'll include it for the $50.

Rear drivers side (better check, i think it's drivers) bearing/arm assembly. Just the arm with intact bearings/hub, don't need any calipers, rotors, strut bolted to it.

Front strut assemblies any good?
$75 for the rear arm/hub, only because I anticipate it taking a while. If it comes off easy, $50.

It drove smooth but I'll check if they're leaking or show any signs of being ancient. $50 each if they're good, shipping included.

Yeah, it has a few tabs on the back to slide it out of the grille. I'll take it. I had to replace Mal's grille and miss my H6 badge.
Sounds good! I'll PM you my PayPal address shortly. Thanks!

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,260 Posts
I'll take the console if the color is correct - mine is a brown top and tan lower. My rear cup holders are missing as well, but if the lower section is the same between the two versions, and the extra cup holders are just part of the top section, I'll take the top section and jennc can have the lower section for the rear cupholders.

If we can sort how to ship, without a ridiculous amount of work for you and expense for me, I'll take the door and rocker panels (and the piece on the front of the rear wheel wells and rear of the front wheel wells to complete the sides). There will most likely be a racing customer from up there who will be traveling down this way sometime who could bring then in their trailer, but that most likely won't be until next summer. Had this taken place last month, there were quite a few who came down to the Speedway for the national championships!

Shipping the front or rear bumpers will probably be prohibitively expensive, unfortunately.

If the panel around the glovebox is good (and the right color), I'll take it as well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take the console if the color is correct - mine is a brown top and tan lower. My rear cup holders are missing as well, but if the lower section is the same between the two versions, and the extra cup holders are just part of the top section, I'll take the top section and jennc can have the lower section for the rear cupholders.

If we can sort how to ship, without a ridiculous amount of work for you and expense for me, I'll take the door and rocker panels ( and the piece on the front of the rear wheel wells to complete the sides). There will most likely be a racing customer from up there who will be traveling down this way sometime who could bring then in their trailer, but that most likely won't be until next summer. Had this taken place last month, there were quite a few who came down to the Speedway for the national championships!

Shipping the front or rear bumpers will probably be prohibitively expensive, unfortunately.

If the panel around the glovebox is good (and the right color), I'll take it as well.
That sounds right -- brown top w/ tan lower. I don't remember if the top section comes off from the bottom but I'll pull it out of the car and see what we can figure out.

Agreed, shipping is going to be pricey. If you're up for a road trip, I'd be willing to meet you halfway (Madison-ish?). Think about it; I'll still plan on pulling all the trim and safely setting it aside for now.

Glovebox trim: @jennc was first with a request for the dash; if they want the whole thing the glovebox trim will go with it. Otherwise, it's yours.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wanted the glove box also but I'm a fan of sharing so I'll leave it to Richard unless he passes. (If it's in great shape of course)

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I wanted the glove box also but I'm a fan of sharing so I'll leave it to Richard unless he passes. (If it's in great shape of course)
I don't need the glove box itself as mine is fine - just the facia panel that surrounds it - if that helps at all.

This is the tear that I'm talking about. I'm surprise at how thin the facia skin is! If all else fails, I can probably just cover it with a piece of helicopter tape or some sort of decal and be done with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems they all get damaged at some point. If I remember right, the 2000-2002s were notorious for disintegrating from UV damage too, but only the tan ones...

Reactions: jennc

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Surprisingly, but maybe because the car was in CT all of it's life, mine has virtually NO UV damage - just that damed tear where someone was careless.

jennc: Do you mean that you need the facia panel? If yours is worse than mine, then this one is yours to have - I can live with mine and continue looking for a replacement - not really all that important to me, and it will probably be another year before I can get to it - my plans are to go through the mechanicals thoroughly first.

Very possibly, if our panels are the same color, you could send me your old one if there is an undamaged area that I can cut out a piece of the skin to patch over my tear. Won't be pretty, but it would be better than looking at that tear all the time! :)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Agreed, shipping is going to be pricey. If you're up for a road trip, I'd be willing to meet you halfway (Madison-ish?). Think about it; I'll still plan on pulling all the trim and safely setting it aside for now.
Just put an inquiry into one of the racing forums to see if anyone from Minneapolis is coming this way sometime in the next few months. There is a somewhat decent possibility that there will be, since the Performance Racing Industry trade show in here in Indy in the first part of December.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.